Digital TV News: Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks closes the sale of Belgacom related IPTV assets
Oct 2, 2012 – Nokia Siemens Networks has closed the sale of its Belgacom related IPTV assets to Belgacom. The divestment is part of Nokia Siemens Networks' strategy to focus on mobile broadband and services.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, MnA
Accenture Acquires IPTV Assets from Nokia Siemens Networks
Oct 1, 2012 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has acquired the software and skills of Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV business. The newly-acquired IPTV software, assets and capabilities will be integrated with the Accenture Video Solution.
News categories: Accenture, Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware, MnA, OTT
Nokia Siemens Networks takes multiscreen TV to next level at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – At IBC, Nokia Siemens Networks is demonstrating how it has evolved its multiscreen entertainment vision by allowing end-users to enjoy their content and services anytime, anywhere and on any device.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Content Distribution, IBC2019, OTT
Espial Powers KPU Telecommunications On-Demand Video Services
Aug 29, 2011 – Espial® (TSX:ESP) has announced that KPU Telecommunications is now delivering premium on-demand video services to its IPTV subscribers in Ketchikan, Alaska using Espial MediaBase and Nokia Siemens Networks IPTV Middleware.
News categories: Espial, KPU Telecommunications, Nokia Siemens Networks, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Bulgaria gets superfast broadband and new services with fiber to the home
Jul 5, 2011 – EVO Ltd, a regional ISP in Bulgaria, has started offering higher bandwidth and new, high-quality data services such as IPTV, to its customers. Nokia Siemens Networks is supplying its Gigabit Passive Optical Network (GPON) technology for the upgrade.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, EVO Ltd, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV
Belgacom delivers improved digital TV experience
Jun 7, 2011 – Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) has introduced a new technology enabling almost instantaneous channel switching while improving the image quality of its digital TV service. The technology was provided by Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) and integrated by Nokia Siemens Networks.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Cisco Systems, Belgacom, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Video Exchange
HD TV broadcasts via LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany
Dec 17, 2010 – The LTE pilot networks of Telefónica O2 Germany (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) in Halle an der Saale and Teutschenthal have been successfully put into operation. Telefónica O2 Germany has given an impressive display of the applications that are possible with LTE.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, Telefónica O2, 5G, Broadband, Content Distribution, Germany, IPTV, OTT
Nokia Siemens Networks and KPN extend service contract for iTV
Sep 16, 2010 – Nokia Siemens Networks is providing KPN (Amsterdam: KPN) with a complete iTV solution including Nokia Siemens Networks' Ubiquity Multiscreen TV Platform client which will enable faster development of new TV streaming based applications.
News categories: Nokia Siemens Networks, KPN, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box
- Konka expands brand to the United States and Canada
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine