Digital TV News: Norbert Hölzle
Uzbekistan lays groundwork for move to DTT with SES
Sep 15, 2017 – Uzbekistan will rely on SES Video for the upcoming launch of its first DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) multiplex, using NSS-12 at 57 degrees East to transmit TV signals to all head-ends of its DTT network.
News categories: SES S.A, CRRT, Norbert Hölzle, Turgunov M, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Viasat Ukraine to broadcast on ASTRA 4A
Sep 13, 2017 – Viasat Ukraine (Vision TV), the largest DTH operator in Ukraine, will be providing top-quality TV reception to its subscribers using SES Video’s services on ASTRA 4A. Under the agreement with SES, Vision TV will broadcast from 5°East.
News categories: SES S.A, Viasat Ukraine, Norbert Hölzle, Svitlana Mischenko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Sky Deutschland’s first Ultra HD channels to broadcast on SES satellite
Aug 22, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Sky Deutschland will be launching two Ultra HD channels at SES’s 19.2°E orbital position in the autumn. Sky Deutschland will show one game per each Bundesliga match day on Sky Sport Bundesliga UHD and selected games from the UEFA Champions League on Sky Sport UHD.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Deutschland, Norbert Hölzle, Stefan Kunz, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Czech and Slovak public broadcasters begin Ultra HD test broadcasts on ASTRA 3B
Dec 15, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG), Ceska Televize (CT), RTVS and Ceske Radiokomunikace have announced that they will begin test broadcasts of Ultra HD content via SES's ASTRA 3B satellite at 23.5 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Česká televize, RTVS, České Radiokomunikace, Norbert Hölzle, Ivo Ferkl, Václav Mika, Martin Gebauer, Czech Republic, Digital TV, QoE, Satellite, Slovakia
MagtiSat adds fourth ASTRA transponder for Georgia
Jan 24, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that MagtiCom has signed an agreement for a fourth transponder at the ASTRA 31.5°E orbital position after the first year of operations of MagtiSat, Georgia's first domestic DTH satellite platform.
News categories: SES S.A, MagtiSat, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Georgia, Satellite
SES grows its 23.5 degrees East reach in Benelux by 20 percent
Apr 18, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced that the technical reach of its ASTRA Satellite System in the Benelux markets from the 23.5 degrees East orbital position has increased by more than 140,000 households to 870,000, an annual growth of 20%.
News categories: SES S.A., Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite
Satellite becomes leading TV infrastructure in Europe
Mar 27, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that satellite has become the leading TV infrastructure in Europe, ahead of terrestrial and cable reception. Approximately 84 million European households have satellite (DTH) as their primary TV reception mode.
News categories: SES S.A., Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
ASTRA Reach Grows by 40 Percent on 23.5 Degrees East in Benelux Markets
Mar 24, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) has announced that it increased its technical reach from the orbital position 23.5 degrees East in the Benelux markets by more than 200,000 households to a total of 740,000.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite
SES ASTRA Expands in Central and Eastern Europe and Enters the Bulgarian Market
Jan 17, 2011 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG, LuxX:SESG) has announced that the Bulgarian Direct-to-Home (DTH) operator Satellite BG will use three transponders at SES ASTRA's 23.5°E orbital position for broadcasting its channel portfolio to TV homes across Bulgaria.
News categories: SES ASTRA, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
- MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
- Sabio launches Advanced TV solution
- Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
- U.S. Connected TV ad spending will grow nearly 40% in 2019
- Streaming TV showing significant increase in viewership and quality
- Stofa releases Tv-boks based on Android TV
- Apple TV+ now available
- DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12