Digital TV News: Northern Sky Research
NovelSat unveils satellite video delivery solution for 4G/5G networks
Apr 30, 2019 – NovelSat has unveiled a satellite broadcast/multicast solution for the delivery of live TV and OTT video services. The satellite-to-mobile video solution =enables mobile service providers to roll out TV and video services on a large scale while optimizing network investment.
News categories: NovelSat, Gary Drutin, Lluc Palerm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Over 820 Ultra HD satellite channels worldwide by 2025
Aug 18, 2014 – NSR has forecast that there will be over 820 channels of UltraHD content via satellite by 2025. With Direct to Home (DTH) leading the charge, the next generation technology will not only lead to higher ARPUs, but also greater customer retention.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Alan Crisp, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Satellite capacity to play catch up with supply
Jul 21, 2014 – NSR has predicted that satellite supply of over 3,000 new transponders and 2+ Tbps of HTS capacity fueled by risk-taking from key operators will far outstrip demand growth over the next decade.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Prashant Butani, Blaine Curcio, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
300 Ultra HD DTH channels by 2023
Jun 17, 2014 – NSR has forecast that by 2023, nearly 300 Ultra HD TV channels will be broadcast globally by Direct to Home (DTH) operators, with Ultra HD present in every region worldwide within the next decade.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Alan Crisp, Blaine Curcio, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Study finds contrasting DTH trends among major emerging markets
May 12, 2014 – NSR's analysis of DTH platforms points to a significant divergence in market trends not just between 'developing' and 'developed' markets, but also within the markets of the 'developing world'.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Blaine Curcio, Alan Crisp, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
NSR projects major DTH shift to the Southern Hemisphere
Jul 2, 2013 – NSR latest DTH report analyzes a rapidly changing industry that is diverging from one with growth centered around North America and Western Europe to one where growth will come from the developing parts of the world.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
UltraHD via Satellite Poised to Carve Market Niche
Jan 22, 2013 – According to NSR, over the long term, UltraHD channels represent a respectable but niche opportunity for satellite companies. The global satellite UltraHD market is expected to reach $412 million in 2025 from an $8.2 million revenue base in 2015.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
Legacy resolutions continue to dominate DTH markets
Sep 11, 2012 – With two SD channels entering the market for every HD channel, as well as SD subscribers outnumbering HD and DVR subscribers combined, the market remains dominated by the legacy resolutions; except for the measure that really matters: revenues.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, DVR, Market Research, Satellite
Satellite Operators Continue to Grow Capacity Leasing and Develop New Markets
Aug 7, 2012 – NSR's Global Assessment of Satellite Supply & Demand, 9th Edition report has found that the direct-to-home (DTH) TV market could add US$1.4 billion in net new revenues by 2021 out of US$4.3 billion expected in total for the Ku-band segment.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Market Research, Satellite
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019