Digital TV News: Northern Sky Research
DTH Operators Beat Expectations, Find the Right Combination of Packages and Services to Continue Subscriber Growth Into 2020
Nov 29, 2011 – NSR's Global Direct-to-Home (DTH) Markets, 4th Edition study finds the DTH market continues to drive satellite demand and revenue worldwide amidst a troubling economic climate and increasing competition.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Market Research, Satellite
DTH Satellite Markets Expand in Last 12 Months, but Future Remains Mixed
Sep 28, 2010 – According to an NSR report, the DTH market is showing signs of maturity as developed economies reach saturation after analog switchovers, even as developing economies continue to increase subscriber numbers.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, DVR, Market Research, Satellite
Growth for DTH as Viewers Choose to Stay Home and Watch Television
Oct 6, 2009 – According to a new report from NSR, satellite television has proven its resilience in tough economic climates, driven primarily by a larger section of viewers choosing television as a cost effective means of entertainment.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
NSR Projects $18 Billion in Advanced Satellite Equipment Sales Over Next Six Years
Mar 18, 2009 – NSR has released its newest market intelligence and forecast report: Advanced Satellite Coding and Modulation, 2nd Edition. NSR projects global shipments of 142 million advanced units for end/receive sites and teleports between 2009 and 2014.
News categories: NSR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Commercial Satellite Industry Set to Grow Even in Troubled Economic Times
Dec 3, 2008 – With many industries around the world in the doldrums due to the current economic crisis, NSR's latest multi-client market research report projects that the commercial satellite transponder leasing market should emerge relatively unscathed.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Content Distribution, Market Research, Satellite
Growth Period Ahead for Indian Satellite Market
Oct 22, 2008 – NSR has released its latest market research and forecast report: Indian Satellite Markets. The market attracting the most interest from regional satellite operators has been Direct-to-Home in the Ku-band.
News categories: NSR, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite
Latest NSR Report Finds Mobile TV and Video Growth to be Driven by Broadcasters and Consumers
Sep 10, 2008 – NSR has released a new report that indicates that a combination of converging trends will allow mobile TV to experience considerable growth, but a number of inhibitors will prevent the sector from reaching its full monetization potential.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
Chinese Satellite Market to Generate 5.3% Rate of Growth Despite Regulatory and Business Hurdles
Jul 15, 2008 – NSR has released a new market survey and forecast report offering the most in-depth and detailed assessment of commercial C- and Ku-band transponder demand in China.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, China, Content Distribution, Hong Kong, Market Research, Satellite
Ten Emerging Countries Primed for Impressive Growth of DTH Services
Apr 15, 2008 – NSR has released its newest market survey and forecast report: 'Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite Services: An Analysis of Ten Emerging DTH Markets.'
News categories: NSR, Brazil, Czech Republic, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Market Research, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Turkey, Vietnam
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019