Digital TV News: Nouar Hamze
Allegro DVT announces 8K video decoding IP family
Oct 1, 2020 – Allegro DVT has announced the release of its AL-D3x0 family of multi-format 8K60 video decoder IPs. The cores are configurable supporting a variety of codecs such as JPEG, H.264, HEVC, VP9 and AV1.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
Jan 21, 2020 – Allegro DVT has introduced compliance test bitstreams for the Versatile Video Coding (VVC) video standard. The VVC test bitstreams provide coverage of all syntax elements, branches, conditions and equations of the specification.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
Oct 16, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the acquisition of Amphion Semiconductor. The acquisition combines the capabilities of Allegro DVT's advanced video codec IPs with Amphion's silicon proven video decoder IPs.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Amphion Semi, Nouar Hamze, Stephen Farson, Digital TV, France, MnA, Silicon IP, UK, Worldwide
AVS3 compliance test suite available from Allegro DVT
Jul 25, 2019 – Allegro DVT has introduced the first compliance test suite for AVS3, China's latest video coding standard. The test suite helps silicon vendors and device manufacturers validate their decoder implementations using proven test streams.
News categories: Allegro DVT, AVS Working Group, Nouar Hamze, Wen Gao, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
Apr 18, 2019 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AL-E210 multi-format video encoder hardware IP which adds support for the new AV1 video format developed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia). The AL-E210 is built on Allegro DVT's multi-core architecture.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches multi-format video encoder IP for 4K/UHD
Nov 28, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of AL-E200, a new generation of video encoder IPs built around a higher performance architecture. The AL-E200 uses an enhanced single-core hardware architecture that enables encoding of UHD/4K resolutions.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Nouar Hamze, Digital TV, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Allegro DVT releases Full Compliance Test Suite for the AV1 codec
Sep 12, 2018 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its AV1 compliance streams following the public release of the AOMedia Video Codec 1.0 (AV1) specification by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) on March 28th, 2018.
News categories: Allegro DVT, Alliance for Open Media, Nouar Hamze, Media Player, Silicon IP, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025