Digital TV News: OTE Group
COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
May 19, 2020 – COSMOTE TV has gone live with Synamedia’s Media Streamer CDN platform for its new streaming service. Media Streamer provides virtualized edge caching and streaming through a network of servers deployed across cities throughout Greece.
News categories: Synamedia, COSMOTE, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, OTT
OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
Jan 16, 2019 – OTE has entered into an agreement to sell its entire stake in Telekom Albania to the Bulgarian company Albania Telecom Invest, for a total consideration of €50m. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
News categories: OTE, Telekom Albania, Michael Tsamaz, Albania, MnA
COSMOTE TV delivers Smart Remote experience on Zenterio OS-based STBs
Aug 30, 2018 – Zenterio has announced that OTE Group has deployed, in COSMOTE TV its pay-TV service, an advanced set-top box (STB) called EUROBOX (KAON NS2000) using Zenterio OS. Zenterio OS allows COSMOTE TV to support internet-delivered, on-demand content in addition to live content.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Apps, Digital TV, Greece, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
ACCESS and Zenterio showcase browser power at IBC 2017
Sep 7, 2017 – ACCESS CO. and Zenterio have announced demonstrations of their joint solution for operator services, combining Zenterio OS and JetUI with the NetFront Browser family for seamless experiences on all screens.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Zenterio, Dr. Neale Foster, Marco Frattolin, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Zenterio migrates legacy STBs for OTE in Greece
May 2, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that it has completed the migration to Zenterio OS of the first 85,000 legacy set-top boxes for COSMOTE TV, OTE Group’s pay TV platform. The upgrade began at the end of 2016 on a customer opt-in basis.
News categories: Zenterio, OTE Group, Jörgen Nilsson, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
COSMOTE TV reaches 500,000 subscribers
Jan 30, 2017 – OTE Group, the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market, has announced that COSMOTE TV has continued to grow, reaching 500 thousand subscribers, with more than 250 thousand migrating to hybrid services.
News categories: OTE Group, COSMOTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE adopts COSMOTE TV brand for communication and entertainment services
Nov 14, 2016 – OTE Group's TV service has been re-named COSMOTE TV. The new world of COSMOTE TV unifies the capabilities of the group's satellite and IPTV platforms. COSMOTE TV offers interactive household and on-the-go TV services for all.
News categories: OTE Group, Dimitris Michalakis, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
OTE (OTE TV and RomTelecom) results to end-June 2013
Aug 8, 2013 – OTE Group (ASE:HTO; OTC MARKET:HLTOY) has announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2013. In Greece, total TV subscribers amounted to 175k, an increase of 99k year-on-year. In Romania, Romtelecom TV subscribers grew 7.3% over the year, to reach nearly 1.3 million.
News categories: OTE TV, Cable TV, Greece, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
OTE TV exceeds 100,000 subscribers in Greece
Oct 15, 2012 – OTE (ASE: HTO, OTC:HLTOY), the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market, has announced that its OTE TV subscriber base has exceeded 100,000 subscribers, as the service is steadily gaining in viewer preference and trust.
News categories: OTE TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box