Digital TV News: Oi S.A
Oi investigates sale of its pay TV business
Aug 31, 2020 – Oi S.A. has informed its shareholders and the market in general, that it has initiated a market sounding process to prospect investors interested in acquiring its pay TV business.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Satellite
Brazil's Oi to add TV Everywhere to quad-play service
Aug 11, 2015 – According to NexTVLatam, Oi, the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, has announced plans to add a TV Everywhere service to its Oi Play platform. Oi Play is a quad play service combining broadband, mobile and telephony with DTH satellite TV.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Brazil's Oi selects VideoGuard CA and MediaHighway middleware
Aug 8, 2014 – Brazilian service provider Oi has adopted Cisco Videoscape which includes the Cisco Videoscape VideoGuard Conditional Access System (CAS), a user interface, and Videoscape MediaHighway middleware.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Oi S.A., Rodrigo Dienstmann, Ariel Dascal, Brazil, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Broadcom enables Oi's live Ultra HD World Cup broadcasts in Brazil
Jul 1, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoC) will power live broadcasts of the 2014 World Cup in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) by Oi, one of the leading operators in Brazil.
News categories: Broadcom, Oi S.A, Dan Marotta, Eduardo Aspesi, Brazil, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
BB-BUSINESS BUREAU maps Americas pay TV after AT&T-DIRECTV merger
May 29, 2014 – BB-BUSINESS BUREAU has combined its own primary Latin America information with especially collected US data to show the pay TV and broadband competitive landscapes after AT&T acquires DIRECTV.
News categories: BB-BUSINESS BUREAU, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite, Subscribers
Brazil's Oi TV ends 2012 with 757,000 subscribers, up 116% YoY
Feb 18, 2013 – Oi S.A. has disclosed its results for the 4th quarter and year of 2012. The Pay TV segment recorded another quarter of strong growth, adding 153 thousand customers in the quarter (+25.3%) and 406 thousand in the year (+115.7%) to 757 thousand customers.
News categories: Oi S.A., Brazil, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0