Digital TV News: Oliver Johnson
IPTV Now Serves More Than 50 Million Customers Worldwide
Sep 27, 2011 – The Broadband and IPTV Growth Report presented at the Broadband World Forum in Paris, shows that 51M customers now subscribe to IPTV services worldwide, with France in the lead as top IPTV country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, BBWF, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Fastest Global Broadband Growth Since 2009
Jun 21, 2011 – With an increase of over 15.2 million subscribers in the first three months of this year, fixed broadband grew by 2.9% representing an annual growth rate of 11.93%, according to figures announced by the Broadband Forum.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Spain, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Global IPTV subscription had a record 34.6% growth in 2010
Mar 23, 2011 – Global IPTV subscription had a record 34.6% growth in 2010 according to figures prepared by Point Topic and announced by the Broadband Forum. 2010 was also a landmark year for broadband subscriptions.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, USA, Video Exchange
IPTV Passes 40 Million Subscriber Milestone
Jan 6, 2011 – According to figures from Point Topic announced by the Broadband Forum, the total number of IPTV subscribers worldwide now stands at 41.9 million, representing a growth of 7.3% in the three months to end September and 36.7% growth in the last 12 months.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Broadband Passes 500 Million Subscribers
Sep 20, 2010 – Broadband has taken a significant step forward as the number of subscriber lines passed the 500 million mark in July 2010. In the second quarter 2.3 million IPTV subscribers were added, making over 38.5 million people using IPTV at the end of Q2 2010.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Spain, USA
Broadband Growth Steady In 2009 With a Real Pick up In Every Region In Fourth Quarter
Mar 24, 2010 – There are now more than 466.95 million broadband customers in the world according to statistics released by the Broadband Forum. IPTV had a banner year, adding more than 10.8 million subscribers (compared to 9.4 million in 2008).
News categories: Broadband Forum, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Video Exchange
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0