Digital TV News: Olivier Taravel
BrightBlue and Sagemcom create turnkey 4K IPTV solution
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA 2018, BrightBlue is presenting an IPTV platform designed to establish a new standard in the industry with the cooperation of Sagemcom. The solution is a high-end turnkey package including a 4K UHD Linux STB from Sagemcom.
News categories: BrightBlue, Sagemcom, Peter Kamphuis, Olivier Taravel, ANGA COM, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telecable and Sagemcom launch 4K Android TV set-top
Sep 13, 2017 – Telecable has launched its Android TV 4K tedi set-top box, designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The set-top box, integrating the latest cutting-edge technologies, gives access to a complete TV and multimedia entertainment offer.
News categories: Sagemcom, Telecable, Olivier Taravel, Aitor Markaida, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain
Sagemcom STBs integrated with Minerva 10
Jan 5, 2017 – Sagemcom and Minerva have announced the integration of their solutions to provide IPTV operators a turnkey solution for new services. Sagemcom’s set‐top box is built around a quad digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Minerva, Olivier Taravel, Jean‐George Fritsch, CES, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mexico's Totalplay adds 4K and Netflix via an ultra HD PVR from Sagemcom
Sep 14, 2015 – Totalplay is the first carrier in Latin America to offer 4K TV to its customers, thanks to an ultra HD PVR designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The 4K PVR is built around a BCM7252S digital core from Broadcom.
News categories: Sagemcom, Totalplay, Broadcom, Olivier Taravel, Eduardo Kuri Romo, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Mexico, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sagemcom selected by Vodafone Germany to supply 4K UHD set-top boxes
Sep 4, 2014 – Sagemcom has announced that it has been selected by Vodafone Germany for the deployment of its 4K UHD 60 FPS set-top box in the first half of 2015. Vodafone has selected a hybrid IP/satellite PVR with a removable Hard Disk Drive.
News categories: Sagemcom, Vodafone, Olivier Taravel, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Sagemcom Showcases 'Live' 4K UHD Encoding/Decoding with Elemental
Apr 4, 2014 – Sagemcom, in partnership with Elemental Technologies, demonstrates a real-time 4K ultra high definition HEVC encoding and decoding chain, on elemental booth during NAB in Las Vegas.
News categories: Sagemcom, Elemental, Olivier Taravel, NABShow, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sagemcom to demonstrate live 4K TV at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – Sagemcom has announced that at IBC they will showcase Ultra-HD television, advanced video content redistribution and next-generation wireless transmission.
News categories: Sagemcom, Gateway, IBC2019, Set Top Box
Rovi and Sagemcom Launch the First DivX Plus HD Certified STB for Europe
Mar 20, 2012 – Sagemcom and Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) have announced that the Sagemcom BPRSI88-250 HD TNTSAT set-top box (STB) has integrated DivX Plus® HD, the premium level of DivX certification. The DivX Certified® STB is currently available in France.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Sagemcom, Blu-ray, DVR, France, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Sagemcom's High-End Set-Top Boxes Powered by System-on-Chip from STMicroelectronics
Sep 10, 2010 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Sagemcom have revealed that ST's advanced STi7108 System-on-Chip (SoC) is powering Sagemcom's latest high-end STBs.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Sagemcom, Digital TV, DVR, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019