Digital TV News: Onida
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Onida Selects Orca Hybrid TV Tuner for LED Televisions
Jan 7, 2013 – Orca Systems has announced that Onida, an Indian consumer electronics manufacturer, has selected Orca's ORC5305 single-chip, CMOS-based, hybrid TV tuner for its Next Generation LED televisions.
News categories: Orca Systems, Onida, CES2021, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MediaTek Launches 'Mobile Theater' audio/video compression software
Mar 22, 2012 – MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) has announced the release of 'Mobile Theater', a video and audio compression software tailored specifically for handset users. The software runs both MPEG-4 and H.264 allowing up to 50 film clips to be stored on a 2GB T-card.
News categories: MediaTek, India, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor
Onida Selects Xceive Silicon Tuners for New Xaria Line of Flat Panel Televisions
Jan 7, 2008 – Xceive has announced that Onida, a leading Indian consumer-electronics manufacturer, has selected Xceive's XC4000 silicon tuner as the receiver technology for its newest line of high-end 42" Xaria LCD televisions.
News categories: Xceive, Onida, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Marvell Announces Comprehensive LCD-TV Chassis Reference Design Powered by Qdeo Video Processing
Jan 7, 2008 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced the 88DE2710-WX, a complete HD-ready hardware and software solution LCD-TV chassis.
News categories: Marvell, CES2021, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia