Digital TV News: Onida
Amazon expands features and solutions for Fire TV Edition partners
Jan 6, 2020 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has expanded its Fire TV Edition program, delivering opportunities for developers, operators, device makers and manufacturers across multiple categories including automotive, smart TVs, soundbars and streaming media players.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Luke Motschenbacher, Fathi El-Dwaik, Tony Wang, Ed Mas, CES2020, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Onida Selects Orca Hybrid TV Tuner for LED Televisions
Jan 7, 2013 – Orca Systems has announced that Onida, an Indian consumer electronics manufacturer, has selected Orca's ORC5305 single-chip, CMOS-based, hybrid TV tuner for its Next Generation LED televisions.
News categories: Orca Systems, Onida, CES2020, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MediaTek Launches 'Mobile Theater' audio/video compression software
Mar 22, 2012 – MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) has announced the release of 'Mobile Theater', a video and audio compression software tailored specifically for handset users. The software runs both MPEG-4 and H.264 allowing up to 50 film clips to be stored on a 2GB T-card.
News categories: MediaTek, India, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor
Onida Selects Xceive Silicon Tuners for New Xaria Line of Flat Panel Televisions
Jan 7, 2008 – Xceive has announced that Onida, a leading Indian consumer-electronics manufacturer, has selected Xceive's XC4000 silicon tuner as the receiver technology for its newest line of high-end 42" Xaria LCD televisions.
News categories: Xceive, Onida, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Marvell Announces Comprehensive LCD-TV Chassis Reference Design Powered by Qdeo Video Processing
Jan 7, 2008 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced the 88DE2710-WX, a complete HD-ready hardware and software solution LCD-TV chassis.
News categories: Marvell, CES2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs