Digital TV News: Ooyala
Ooyala Flex Media Platform to run on Google Cloud
Oct 30, 2018 – Ooyala is to use Google Cloud technologies for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform which empowers media owners to automate their video workflows, expand their audiences and get content to market faster, and with greater flexibility and security.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
Oct 16, 2018 – Ooyala and Telstra have announced the completion of the management buyout of Ooyala. Building on the success of Ooyala under the current management team the transaction provides the foundation for the next phase of growth for Ooyala.
News categories: Ooyala, Jonathan Huberman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Video consumption on mobiles stabilizes in Q1 2018
Jun 20, 2018 – Mobile video consumption continues to rise but growth stabilized in Q1 2018; total video plays increased during the quarter just 1.8% from the prior year, according to Ooyala’s Q1 2018 Global Video Index Report.
News categories: Ooyala, Jim O'Neill, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Ooyala releases State of the Media Industry 2018 report
May 23, 2018 – For media companies who have yet to adopt a data-centric and mobile-first approach to connecting with ever-elusive audiences, Ooyala offers a wake-up call via its new State of the Media Industry 2018 report.
News categories: Ooyala, Belsasar Lepe, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Consumer frustration at OTT TV experience
Jan 3, 2018 – Ooyala has released its State of the Broadcast Industry 2018 report which maps out the challenges for content creators and distributors as they strive to maintain and grow audiences in an increasingly fragmented media landscape.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, UX, Worldwide
ZoneTV, Ooyala and Microsoft use AI to create customizable TV channels
Jul 25, 2017 – ZoneTV will utilize media logistics tools from Ooyala plus Video Indexer, part of Microsoft Cognitive Services, to automate the curation of content of a customizable suite of linear TV channels which will launch this fall.
News categories: Ooyala, Zone·tv, Microsoft Azure, Jonathan Huberman, Jeff Weber, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Long-form video now the most popular content regardless of screen size
Jun 13, 2017 – Ooyala has released its Q1 2017 Global Video Index, revealing, for the first time, long-form content represents the majority of time spent watching video on every screen. The report also covers the continued growth of mobile, as well as emerging trends in online video advertising.
News categories: Ooyala, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, USA, Worldwide
Ooyala taps into Adobe Experience Cloud
Apr 24, 2017 – Ooyala has announced a partnership with Adobe that combines Ooyala’s Integrated Video Platform (IVP) with the Adobe Experience Cloud. Ooyala is the first Premiere Partner of the Adobe Exchange program for integrated video solutions.
News categories: Ooyala, Adobe, Belsasar Lepe, Kevin Towes, Content Distribution, NABShow, Worldwide
Blink Now selects Ooyala for Video Advertising, Live Streaming and Real-Time Analytics
Apr 11, 2017 – Ooyala is powering the complete video business of Blink Now, an OTT provider in the Philippines. With Ooyala, Blink Now has a single provider, powering ad operations, video delivery, data-driven insights and live streaming to more than 180,000 users nationwide.
News categories: Ooyala, SMLEI, Blink Now, Steve Davis, Francis Gerard R. Tupaz, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Philippines
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware