Digital TV News: Orbital Sciences
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 – Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
SES WORLD SKIES Commissions SES-8 for Asian DTH Operations
Feb 17, 2011 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has commissioned the SES-8 spacecraft from Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) for a launch in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, India, Laos, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
MEASAT-3a Communications Satellite Successfully Launched
Jun 22, 2009 – Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) has announced that the MEASAT-3a satellite has been successfully launched into orbit. MEASAT-3a will provide Ku-band direct-to-home television broadcasting to Malaysia and Indonesia, plus C-band communications services.
News categories: MEASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Malaysia, Satellite
Innova and SKY Brasil Sign Agreement with Intelsat to Build and Launch New Satellite
Dec 5, 2007 – Innova and SKY Brasil have announced that they have reached an agreement with Intelsat to build and launch a new 24-transponder satellite. Innova plans to use this extra capacity for HD and other value-added services.
News categories: Intelsat, Innova, SKY Brasil, DIRECTV Group, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box