Digital TV News: Orbital Sciences
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 – Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Latin America, Satellite
SES WORLD SKIES Commissions SES-8 for Asian DTH Operations
Feb 17, 2011 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris,LuxX: SESG) has announced that it has commissioned the SES-8 spacecraft from Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) for a launch in the first quarter of 2013.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, India, Laos, Satellite, Thailand, Vietnam
MEASAT-3a Communications Satellite Successfully Launched
Jun 22, 2009 – Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) has announced that the MEASAT-3a satellite has been successfully launched into orbit. MEASAT-3a will provide Ku-band direct-to-home television broadcasting to Malaysia and Indonesia, plus C-band communications services.
News categories: MEASAT, Orbital Sciences, Content Distribution, Indonesia, Malaysia, Satellite
Innova and SKY Brasil Sign Agreement with Intelsat to Build and Launch New Satellite
Dec 5, 2007 – Innova and SKY Brasil have announced that they have reached an agreement with Intelsat to build and launch a new 24-transponder satellite. Innova plans to use this extra capacity for HD and other value-added services.
News categories: Intelsat, Innova, SKY Brasil, DIRECTV Group, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Satellite
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024