Digital TV News: Orca Interactive
Cisco-NDS and Google-Motorola Acquisitions Upend TV Middleware Market
Jul 10, 2012 – The TV middleware market, long led by Nagra and NDS worldwide and Motorola and Cisco in North America, is in a state of upheaval as Cisco's bid for NDS waits to close while Google has yet to give a clear direction for its Motorola business unit.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Orange Launches 'la nouvelle TV d'Orange' Service with Viaccess and Orca Interactive
Mar 19, 2012 – Orange (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE) has launched 'la nouvelle TV d'Orange', a subscription TV service which has allowed Orange to upgrade its IPTV user-experience. Viaccess and its subsidiary Orca Interactive provide a unified service platform.
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Orange, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware
Georgia's Silknet Launches Subscription TV Offering with Orca Interactive
Sep 12, 2011 – Orca Interactive (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE) has announced that Georgia-based SilkNet has selected Orca Interactive to supply its RiGHTv middleware and COMPASS Content Discovery and Recommendations platform for their subscription TV service.
News categories: Orca Interactive, SilkNet, Digital TV, DVR, Georgia, Middleware, Set Top Box
Viaccess showcases 'TV Solutions Tailored to Your Needs' at IBC
Sep 6, 2011 – At IBC 2011, Viaccess (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE), owner of Orca Interactive, will show service providers how to protect and enhance the value of content services with 'TV solutions tailored to your needs'.
News categories: Viaccess, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IBC2019, Middleware
Viaccess & Orca Offer Advanced Rights Management and Content Discovery solutions for IPTV, Hybrid TV and OTT Deployments
Mar 16, 2011 – At IPTV World Forum, Viaccess & Orca (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE) will present key technologies to help Content Services Providers extend their services to new delivery channels and multiple screens, as well as offer a differentiated content experience.
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Content Protection, Middleware, Video Exchange
Worldwide IPTV Market to Reach US$78.9 Billion in Service Revenues by 2015
Feb 8, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on IPTV. The Global iPTV market is projected to amass a worldwide subscriber base of 343.2 million by the year 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Cisco to Showcase Latest in Video Innovation for Cable and Broadcast Industry at IBC 2010
Sep 8, 2010 – Visitors to Cisco's (NASDAQ: CSCO) booth (Hall 1, D.71) at IBC 2010 will have the opportunity to experience how continued innovation in video and IP technologies are transforming the way we work, live, play and learn.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Gateway, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Viaccess and Orca Interactive Power Boxer TV Service with Pace and SoftAtHome
Sep 2, 2010 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) and its subsidiary Orca Interactive have announced that their integrated solution will power Swedish broadcaster Boxer's hybrid services with live premium content and video on-demand (VOD).
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Boxer, SoftAtHome, Pace plc, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, DVB-T2, DVR, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Viaccess, Orca Interactive and Alpha Networks Demonstrate turnKeyTV IPTV Solution at IBC 2010
Aug 26, 2010 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) and its subsidiary Orca Interactive have announced that they will demonstrate their IPTV ecosystem with set-top box manufacturer Yuxing and quality of experience (QoE) specialist Mariner Partners during IBC 2010.
News categories: Viaccess, Orca Interactive, Yuxing, Mariner Partners, Alpha Networks, Content Distribution, Content Protection, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019