Digital TV News: Oregan Networks
LOVEFiLM Service Widens Its Reach with Oregan's Onyx Browser for Connected TVs
Mar 14, 2011 – LOVEFiLM launches its WatchNow video service on Oregan Networks' Onyx media browser, which will further increase LOVEFiLM's platform capability to address a broader cross section of internet-connected televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: Oregan Networks, LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Oregan's Onyx Delivers New Apps to Access Hollywood Blockbuster Movie Content, Casual Gaming and TV Series Catch-up in HD
Dec 30, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced availability of an updated version of its Onyx software featuring enhanced speed and security, as well as providing access to new home entertainment applications, powered by blinkbox and Accedo Broadband.
News categories: Oregan Networks, blinkbox, Accedo Broadband, CES2021, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Oregan Networks and Telefónica Collaborate on Connected Devices
Oct 11, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced that it has been selected by Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) as the supplier of client-side middleware, powering Over The Top (OTT) video deployments in Telefónica's Spanish home market as well as other geographies.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Telefónica, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Oregan to Launch Onyx Branded HD Internet Media Player for the UK
Sep 20, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced the launch of its Onyx STB, manufactured by Digital Streams. The device offers a way for consumers to stream UK internet video and music, as well as accessing photo sharing and social networking sites on their TVs.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Digital Stream, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
Oregan Networks and Widevine Join Forces to Bring a Wide Range of Over-the-Top Content to Connected Devices
Sep 13, 2010 – Oregan Networks and Widevine have announced that Widevine will provide video optimization and digital rights management (DRM) for Oregan's Onyx media browser.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT
Oregan Unveils 'Onyx Dual' Remote Control in Collaboration with Philips Home Control
Sep 9, 2010 – Oregan Networks is showcasing a new motion sensing remote control designed to facilitate an easy text input method into on-screen search menus, user profile settings and social networking apps.
News categories: Oregan Networks, IBC2020, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Social TV
Oregan launches Onyx Widgetry store at CES 2010
Jan 9, 2010 – As part of its strategy to deliver a wide variety of rich Internet entertainment to mainstream living room devices, Oregan Networks has launched its applications store for connected TVs and hybrid STBs, branded as Onyx Widgetry.
News categories: Oregan Networks, CES2021, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Oregan Networks enables first Connected TV supporting BBC iPlayer and other Catch-Up TV services
Dec 16, 2009 – Oregan Networks has announced retail availability of Onyx-powered TVs manufactured by the UK's fastest growing value TV brand Cello. The product, branded Cello iViewer, is the first connected TV featuring the UK's BBC iPlayer catch-up service.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Cello, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Oregan Networks unveils Onyx browser application for connected TVs
Feb 5, 2009 – Oregan Networks has announced availability of Oregan Media Browser 4.0 for connected DTVs, branded as Onyx, which also comes in a Set Top Box edition for network operators.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0