Digital TV News: Ovum
Amazon and partners announce Voice Interoperability Initiative
Sep 24, 2019 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) and leading technology companies have announced the Voice Interoperability Initiative, a program to ensure voice-enabled products provide customers with choice and flexibility through multiple, interoperable voice services.
News categories: Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Three UK to launch 5G network in August
Jun 10, 2019 – Following trials with customers in London, Three UK has announced that it will launch 5G in August with a 5G home broadband service in London. Three will then launch both mobile and home broadband offerings in 25 towns and cities across the UK before the end of the year.
News categories: Three UK, Dave Dyson, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile, UK
5G will drive new revenues in Media and Entertainment by 2028
Oct 11, 2018 – According to a report commissioned by Intel and conducted by Ovum, it is forecast that over the next decade (2019-2028) media and entertainment companies will be competing to win a share of a near $3 trillion cumulative wireless revenue opportunity.
News categories: Intel Corp, Ovum, Jonathan Wood, Ed Barton, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Western Europe pay-TV successfully fighting off the OTT challenge
Oct 5, 2016 – New research from Ovum shows that Western Europe’s pay-TV markets continue to grow, successfully fighting off the challenge posed by OTT video and the region’s free-to-air TV offerings.
News categories: Ovum, Adam Steel, Tony Gunnarsson, Adam Thomas, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Huawei and OVUM release 'Big Video' report
Aug 29, 2016 – Huawei and OVUM have jointly released a report covering the current situation for telcos providing video services for the entertainment and communications markets, as well as vertical industry segments.
News categories: Huawei, OVUM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Pay TV and FTA TV will survive SVOD boom in Australia
Dec 8, 2015 – Australian subscriptions to streaming video on demand (SVOD) services – like Netflix, Presto and Stan – will grow by a factor of 17 between the end of 2014 and the end of 2019, according to new forecasts by Ovum.
News categories: Ovum, David Kennedy, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telcos becoming established players in the pay-TV market
Nov 11, 2015 – Operations owned or controlled by telcos accounted for 140 million retail pay-TV customer connections globally at the end of 2014 and this total soared to 177 million during 2015, according to Ovum.
News categories: Ovum, Jonathan Doran, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution