Digital TV News: Ovum
Gulf is next streaming video opportunity
Jun 29, 2015 – The launch of the first non-native subscription online video service in the Middle East heralds a new phase in the evolution of the premium OTT video market in the region, according to market intelligence firm, Ovum.
News categories: Ovum, Ismail Patel, Tony Gunnarsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
TR-069-enabled devices to pass 350 million in 2016
Apr 21, 2015 – According to Ovum, the number of residential gateways, TV set-top boxes and other home broadband equipment in use that support the Broadband Forum’s TR-069 standard will reach 356 million in 2016, as a growing number of service providers embrace the management protocol.
News categories: Ovum, Broadband Forum, Rob Gallagher, Robin Mersh, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
OTT streaming to hit 100 million subscribers in 2015
Apr 9, 2015 – Direct-to-consumer initiatives such as HBO Now and Sling TV herald a new era in online streaming as premium, stand-alone services based on content once exclusive to traditional pay TV hit the market.
News categories: Ovum, Tony Gunnarsson, Ed Barton, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
ZTE and Telkom Indonesia to establish IP-video Joint Innovation Center
Mar 11, 2015 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced that the company will set up a Joint Innovation Center with Telkom Indonesia to focus on the development of Internet Protocol-based video technologies.
News categories: ZTE, Telkom Indonesia, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, OTT
100 million with Fiber-to-the-Home in Asia-Pacific
Nov 25, 2014 – New figures have revealed that 100 million people in the Asia-Pacific region are now subscribed to Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) services. The milestone, based on statistics from Ovum, was announced by the FTTH Council Asia-Pacific.
News categories: FTTH Council, Ovum, Dr Bernard Lee, Hasan Munasir Choudhury, Julie Kunstler, Asia, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline
Jul 22, 2014 – Ovum has found that most sub-Saharan countries will not achieve the ITU deadline to switch off their analogue TV due to a lack of public awareness, inadequate funding of TV infrastructure and insufficient supplies of set-top boxes.
News categories: Ovum, Adam Thomas, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Nigeria, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Nagra DTT solution launches in Tanzania with BTL
May 29, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its MediaAccess smartcard solution for digital terrestrial television (DTT) has launched in Tanzania with digital broadcast service provider Basics Transmissions Limited (BTL).
News categories: NAGRA, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Tanzania, Terrestrial
Ovum Report Confirms 147 Million Devices Managed By TR-069 Protocol
Jun 19, 2012 – A new report published by Ovum confirms the widespread market adoption of TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol. The report shows that - by the end of 2011 - TR-069 enabled devices globally totalled more than 147 million and are growing fast.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Ovum, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Router, Set Top Box
NDS Marries Digital TV and OTT with Innovative Applications Development Portal
Mar 10, 2011 – NDS has announced the launch of the NDS Service Delivery Platform, a fully scalable platform that enables TV operators to extend their offering to companion devices through third-party applications.
News categories: NDS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service