Digital TV News: PEMRA
PEMRA announces DTH license bidder shortlist
Nov 15, 2016 – The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has released a shortlist of the companies approved for participation in its Bidding Process for DTH licenses.
News categories: PEMRA, Digital TV, Pakistan, Regulation, Satellite
Pakistan's InCable selects Exset DMS middleware
Oct 19, 2016 – InCable, one of the largest Pakistani cable providers, has become the latest operator to select Exset in order to create and deploy value add and dynamic advertising services across its digital network.
News categories: Exset, Mahmood Ulhaq, Irfan Goraya, Cable TV, Middleware, Pakistan
Exset and Newland target cable operators in Pakistan
May 17, 2016 – Exset has announced that it is now directly selling its Value Added Service DMS ecosystem integrated with Newland set-top boxes to cable operators in Pakistan. DMS adds services over and above video that open up new revenue opportunities for the operators.
News categories: Exset, Newland, Mahmood Ulhaq, Cable TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Pakistan, Set Top Box
Pakistan finalizes minimum standards for digital cable STBs
Mar 22, 2016 – As part of its plan to convert all cable TV in the country to digital by September 30, 2016, Pakistan's Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has finalized the minimum requirements for digital cable TV set-top boxes.
News categories: PEMRA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Pakistan, Set Top Box
PEMRA shortlists 8 companies in DTH licence tender
Nov 29, 2015 – The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) has shortlisted eight applicant companies for participation in the bidding for DTH Licensing scheduled to be held on December 07, 2015.
News categories: PEMRA, Digital TV, Licensing, Pakistan, Regulation, Satellite
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware