Digital TV News: PESI
PESI updates LNB converter with Entropic Channel Stacking Switch
Aug 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Prime Electronics & Satellitics Inc. have announced the availability of the Prime Low Noise Block (LNB) converter, based on Entropic's EN5520 digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS).
News categories: Entropic, Prime Electronics, Vincent Hung, Al Servati, Brazil, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Broadcom enables Oi's live Ultra HD World Cup broadcasts in Brazil
Jul 1, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 system-on-a-chip (SoC) will power live broadcasts of the 2014 World Cup in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) by Oi, one of the leading operators in Brazil.
News categories: Broadcom, Oi S.A, Dan Marotta, Eduardo Aspesi, Brazil, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ALi partners with PESI on emerging market STBs
May 6, 2014 – ALi Corporation has announced that it has joined forces with Prime Electronics and Satellitics Inc. to provide various set-top box solutions targeting emerging markets.
News categories: ALi Corp, Prime Electronics, Daniel Hsieh, Tony Chang, Belarus, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Thailand
Nigeria's DAARSAT upgrades to next generation Conax content protection
Mar 13, 2013 – Conax has announced that Nigerian operator DAARSAT has reconfirmed its commitment to Conax as its security partner by upgrading to the Conax Contego Broadcast™ content security system. The new solution will aid DAARSAT in securing its DTH and DTT platforms.
News categories: Conax, DAAR, CABSAT, Content Protection, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
VESA Enables Mobile Devices to Share Full HD Video and 3D Content on Any Display
Jun 27, 2012 – VESA has released its Mobility DisplayPort™ (MyDP) Standard. MyDP is an extension of the DisplayPort standard that enables mobile devices to share HD video, audio, and 3D content with external displays through common, widely adopted connectors.
News categories: DisplayPort, Video Electronics Standards Association, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Entropic Communications' Single Wire Direct-Broadcast Satellite Technology Deployed to Brazilian Single-Family Homes
Mar 12, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and PESI (Taipei:6152) have announced that one of the largest telecommunications carriers in Brazil will deliver DBS entertainment to single family homes via Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch single cable wire infrastructure.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Prime Electronics, Brazil, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance created in Taiwan
Nov 6, 2008 – Five cable operators and two set-top box (STB) manufacturers have set up the Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance (DISIA) to create an operating environment for broadband digital multimedia entertainment services in Taiwan.
News categories: Zinwell, PESI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan cable MSOs could buy 1 million STBs in 2008
Feb 27, 2008 – Taiwan set-top box (STB) makers such could do well as the five leading Taiwan cable TV multi-system operators (MSOs) purchase up to one million low-end cable STBs in 2008.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020