Digital TV News: Patrick Henry
Entropic discontinues set-top box SoC product development
Nov 10, 2014 – In Entropic's (Nasdaq:ENTR) quarterly results, the company announced a refocused strategy and restructuring plan. Entropic will continue to pursue design wins with existing STB SoCs, but will discontinue all new set-top box SoC product development.
News categories: Entropic, Dr. Ted Tewksbury, Patrick Henry, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic to explore strategic alternatives
Sep 16, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the evaluation of strategic alternatives to enhance shareholder value. The Company has engaged investment bank Barclays in connection with its efforts.
News categories: Entropic, Barclays, Patrick Henry, David Lyle, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic re-structures with 23% headcount reduction
Jun 9, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced a plan designed to sharpen its engineering and R&D focus and increase the efficiency of its global operations. The initiative calls for a closing and consolidation of several global facilities.
News categories: Entropic, Patrick Henry, China, India, Israel, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UK, USA
Entropic unveils lineup of fully-integrated set-top box solutions
Jan 7, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its first fully-integrated set-top box SoC family, the EN7300-series, which integrates HEVC decoding, MoCA 2.0 home networking, dual DVB-S/S2 demodulators with full-band capture, and 3D graphics acceleration.
News categories: Entropic, Daniel Simmons, Patrick Henry, Matt Rhodes, CES2021, Digital TV, DVB-S2, ICs, IPTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Entropic, Telepath Deliver First AVS+ HD Set-Top Box Platform for China
Mar 21, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Telepath Technologies have announced the first AVS+ HD set-top box platform for China satellite, cable/IP and terrestrial markets. The platform, integrated with the latest STB SoC from Entropic, supports AVS-P16 (AVS+) and includes advanced security.
News categories: Entropic, Telepath, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GlobalSat, Entropic introduce satellite HD zapper set-top box
Mar 21, 2013 – GlobalSat has introduced the GOOSAT S1-50HD, its latest high performance set-top box for the global Free-to-Air (FTA) Direct Broadcast Satellite zapper market. The box is based on the EN7100 STB system-on-a-chip (SoC) from Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR).
News categories: Entropic, GlobalSat, CCBN, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
EchoStar HD Satellite Set-Top Boxes Enabled by Entropic SoC and Demod
Sep 7, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the deployment of its set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) and demodulator technology in three EchoStar models, which are currently being deployed at Bell Canada, Dish Mexico and Telus.
News categories: Entropic, EchoStar, Canada, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Mexico, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications' Single Wire Direct-Broadcast Satellite Technology Deployed to Brazilian Single-Family Homes
Mar 12, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and PESI (Taipei:6152) have announced that one of the largest telecommunications carriers in Brazil will deliver DBS entertainment to single family homes via Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch single cable wire infrastructure.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Prime Electronics, Brazil, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Selected to Acquire Trident Set-Top Box Business
Feb 27, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has been selected as the successful bidder to acquire Trident Microsystems' set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) assets for a purchase price of $65 million.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5