Digital TV News: Paul Larbey
Nokia to transfer IP Video business to Volaris Group
Sep 13, 2018 – Nokia has announced plans to divest its IP Video business to Volaris Group, a Toronto-based software company. Nokia's video product portfolio is expected to move to Volaris and launch as a pure play streaming technology company, Velocix.
News categories: Nokia, Volaris Group, Paul Larbey, Basil Alwan, David Nyland, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, MnA, Worldwide
VUBIQUITY and NOKIA announce ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ for OTT
Sep 17, 2017 – VUBIQUITY and NOKIA have announced a ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ (T-SAAS) offering. The service delivers a hosted SaaS solution with operator licensed premium time-shifted content for operator’s OTT service providers.
News categories: VUBIQUITY, NOKIA, Ira Dworkin, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Nokia debuts Virtualized User Experience Platform at IBC
Sep 13, 2017 – Nokia has expanded its Velocix portfolio with the debut of its Virtualized User Experience Platform (UXP). This innovative cloud platform untethers viewers from their set-top boxes (STB) and extends the viewing experience to all their devices.
News categories: Nokia, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, Worldwide
Nokia and Kaltura partner for next generation TV viewing
Apr 24, 2017 – Kaltura has announced that it has entered into partnership with Nokia. Kaltura and Nokia have joined forces to facilitate a more personalized and monetized viewing experience for customers worldwide.
News categories: Kaltura, Nokia, Ron Yekutiel, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
Feb 23, 2017 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has signed a strategic relationship agreement with Nokia. Under the agreement, Nokia will resell Eurofins’ suite of automated test tools and professional testing support services for TV and video services.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testin, Nokia, Johan Craeybeckx, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, QoE, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Sky deploys Nokia CDN in the UK
Feb 1, 2017 – Nokia has announced that its Velocix Content Delivery Network (CDN) has been deployed by Sky. The alliance enhances Sky's high-speed video and data services for the company's millions of UK customers.
News categories: Nokia, BSkyB, Paul Larbey, Mohamed Hammady, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Alcatel-Lucent to integrate PERSEUS video compression and Oregan Video Client
Sep 7, 2015 – V-Nova has announced that Alcatel-Lucent plans to integrate PERSEUS video compression technology with its Cloud DVR platform and Oregan's Multiscreen Cloud Video Client. The aim is to provide significant improvements in IP Video delivery to both greenfield customer deployments and existing infrastructures.
News categories: Oregan, V-Nova, Alcatel-Lucent, Milya Timergaleyeva, Eric Achtmann, Paul Larbey, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent to make private copy cloud video recording cost-effective and copyright-compliant
Sep 12, 2014 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris;NYSE: ALU) is developing a technology architecture that will enable pay TV providers to offer the ability to store favourite TV programs in the cloud cost effectively while maintaining compliance with content rights legislation.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVR
Bell Labs opens video research facility in Cambridge, UK
Jul 17, 2014 – Bell Labs (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has opened a new 'antenna' office in Cambridge, UK tasked with research into real-time delivery of video to all types of connected devices, such as smartphones, games consoles, tablets, Smart TVs, and more.
News categories: Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, Marcus Weldon, Bo Olofsson, Paul Larbey, Content Distribution, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV, TV Everywhere, UK
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature