Digital TV News: Paul Verna
US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
Mar 14, 2019 – Competitive video gaming is a rapidly growing, multibillion-dollar industry. Esports ad revenues are poised to surpass $200 million by next year, according to eMarketer’s first forecast on esports and gaming revenues.
News categories: eMarketer, Paul Verna, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Exodus from pay TV in the U.S. accelerates despite OTT partnerships
Jul 24, 2018 – Even as traditional pay TV providers form partnerships with former over-the-top (OTT) rivals to retain customers, U.S. cord-cutting continues to outpace projections. According to eMarketer, the number of cord-cutters will climb 32.8% this year to 33.0 million.
News categories: eMarketer, Christopher Bendtsen, Paul Verna, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
US TV ad spending to fall in 2018
Mar 28, 2018 – TV ad spending will continue its decline this year, according to eMarketer’s latest US advertising forecast. With cord-cutting accelerating and OTT viewing on the rise, outlays on TV ads will slip 0.5% in 2018 to $69.87 billion.
News categories: eMarketer, Monica Peart, Paul Verna, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
eMarketer lowers US TV ad spend estimate as cord-cutting accelerates
Sep 13, 2017 – eMarketer has reduced its estimate for US TV ad spending due to faster-than-expected growth in cord-cutting. This year, US TV ad investment will expand just 0.5% to $71.65 billion, a figure down from the $72.72 billion predicted in Q1.
News categories: eMarketer, Monica Peart, Chris Bendtsen, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS