Digital TV News: Pedro Bandeira
NOS and Tata Elxsi open Digital Centre of Excellence
Sep 12, 2018 – NOS and Tata Elxsi have announced the launch a Digital Centre of Excellence (CoE). The centre will focus on digital transformation initiatives that are geared to deliver next generation services, enhance subscriber experience, and improve operational efficiency.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Broadband, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, RDK
NOS selects Metrological to deliver integrated OTT experiences
Sep 27, 2017 – NOS is advancing its UMA personalized television experience to the next level with the deployment of Metrological’s Application Platform, WPE (Web Platform for Embedded) browser and WPE cloud architecture.
News categories: Metrological, NOS, Thijs Bijleveld, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Portugal, Set Top Box
Espial introduces 5th generation of RDK-based STB client
Sep 7, 2017 – Espial has announced the introduction of its fifth-generation RDK-based set-top box (STB) client solution. Espial has introduced the latest Espial G4 STB Client to fully enable DevOps and harness ongoing RDK innovations.
News categories: Espial, Mick McCluskey, Digital TV, IBC2019, RDK, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Espial signs DevOps agreement with NOS
Aug 17, 2017 – Espial has announced that it has signed an agreement with NOS to provide agile and DevOps engineering and delivery services. The engagement allows NOS to take a continuous innovation approach and more effectively monetize their video services.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
Feb 22, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has partnered with NOS to accelerate RDK deployment by leveraging Tata Elxsi’s deep expertise and off-the-shelf solutions for RDK rollout.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Set Top Box
Nuance voice technology powers NOS STBs and remotes
Jun 7, 2016 – Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) has announced that its Dragon TV voice technology will be deployed in NOS’s next generation set top boxes and remote controls, along with multiscreen services and applications for iOS and Android.
News categories: Nuance Communications, NOS, Kenn Harper, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Portugal, Set Top Box, UX
NOS deploys Espial's G4 STB Client
Jun 7, 2016 – Espial has announced the deployment of a hybrid IP Video service by Portugal's NOS, powered by the Espial G4 STB Client. The service is Europe’s first deployment of the RDK 2.1 environment.
News categories: Espial, NOS, Jaison Dolvane, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
NAGRA secures new NOS 4K set-top box
Jun 7, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and NOS have announced the launch of the operator’s 4K Ultra HD RDK-enabled set-top box offering secured by NAGRA anyCAST CONNECT, NAGRA’s converged CAS/DRM content security solution.
News categories: NAGRA, NOS, Maurice van Riek, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Portugal's NOS partners with ARRIS for new 4K STB
Jun 7, 2016 – NOS, Portugal's broadband and TV service provider, has selected the ZD4500 set-top from ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) for its new, immersive 4K service.
News categories: ARRIS, NOS, Steve McCaffery, Pedro Bandeira, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Set Top Box
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019