Digital TV News: Personal
Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
Sep 19, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Roku OS 9.2 will start rolling out to Roku devices in the coming weeks. The software update focuses on getting customers to content quickly and adds new ways to control the home entertainment experience.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
Sep 19, 2019 – Eros Now is to build an online video platform on Microsoft Azure targeted at its consumers across the globe. Eros’ work with Microsoft will help transform how it delivers streaming services and reimagine the offerings it can provide.
News categories: Eros International, Microsoft, Rishika Lulla Singh, Peggy Johnson, Anant Maheshwari, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
Sep 16, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have announced plans to launch Amazon Prime Video on the Altice One entertainment and connectivity platform, providing access to the entire Prime Video catalog, for Altice’s Optimum and Suddenlink customers.
News categories: Altice USA, Prime Video, Hakim Boubazine, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
Sep 14, 2019 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has selected a partner ecosystem, led by systems integrator Millennium I.T.E.S.P, to deploy its Personalised Entertainment Option (PEO) TV Go, a TV Everywhere solution complementing its IPTV service, SLT PEO TV.
News categories: Verimatrix, Broadpeak, Beenius, Millennium I.T.E.S.P, Sri Lanka Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Jacques Le Mancq, Filip Remškar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Sri Lanka, TV Everywhere
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
Sep 13, 2019 – ADB has announced that Telenor has started to deploy ADB’s graphyne2 pay TV system to all subscribers connected to Telenor’s Cable and IP network. graphyne includes an ADB-designed Service Delivery Platform as well as client software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Rolf Seibl, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Norway, Set Top Box, UX
XroadMedia brings personalisation and recommendations to Stoneroos products
Sep 13, 2019 – Stoneroos and XroadMedia have announced that XroadMedia’s cloud-based Ncanto back-end is now fully integrated into Stoneroos’ OTT NOW!, where it complements Stoneroos’ UX and data services with AI-driven personalisation and recommendations.
News categories: XroadMedia, Stoneroos, Adolf Proidl, Annelies Kaptein, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
Harmonic, with Google and 3SS, creates live sports workflow on Android TV
Sep 12, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), in collaboration with Google and 3SS, has created an integrated OTT and broadcast live sports workflow on Android TV, delivering features such as picture-in-picture, multi-view and personalized mosaic.
News categories: Harmonic, 3SS, Shahar Bar, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, UX
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos