Digital TV News: Peter Bradbury
Nexstar Media and Nielsen conclude measurement services agreement
Jan 6, 2020 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Nexstar Media Group (NASDAQ: NXST) have announced an agreement whereby Nielsen will provide a comprehensive suite of measurement services for all broadcast and cable entities across the Nexstar Media Group.
News categories: Nielsen, Nexstar, Peter Bradbury, Timothy Busch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
beIN SPORTS renews with Nielsen for U.S. TV ratings
Jul 2, 2019 – beIN SPORTS has signed a TV measurement agreement with Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) for the U.S. Under the agreement, both beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español will continue to receive market intelligence and person-level viewing data for both networks.
News categories: Nielsen, beIN SPORTS, Peter Bradbury, Antonio Briceño, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Nielsen to measure Comcast’s Xfinity Stream app and web portal
Nov 14, 2018 – Nielsen and Comcast have expanded their relationship to include measurement of Comcast’s Xfinity Stream app and web portal. Xfinity TV audiences watching on computers and mobile devices will be included in aggregate in Nielsen ratings.
News categories: Nielsen, Comcast, Peter Bradbury, Marcien Jenckes, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
CBS And Nielsen collaborate on dynamic ad insertion in live broadcasts
May 14, 2018 – CBS and Nielsen have announced that they are working on a collaboration that will deliver Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) in live linear national broadcast television, helping to actualize and progress addressable advertising.
News categories: CBS, Nielsen, Jo Ann Ross, Peter Bradbury, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Turner signs up for Nielsen SVOD content ratings service
Dec 6, 2017 – Nielsen has announced that Turner is the latest media company to access its SVOD content ratings service. Nielsen SVOD Content Ratings offers subscribing clients the opportunity to see the audience of SVOD programs, providing a more complete picture of overall viewership.
News categories: Nielsen, Turner, Peter Bradbury, Howard Shimmel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
CBS to use Nielsen out-of-home measurement
Sep 21, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that CBS (NYSE: CBS.A; CBS) has subscribed to Nielsen's National Out-of-Home Reporting Service. The agreement provides CBS with ratings for all programming and commercial content that aired on the Network for live plus seven days of time-shifted viewing.
News categories: Nielsen, CBS Corp, Peter Bradbury, David F. Poltrack, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
ABC Network subscribes to Nielsen National Out-of-Home Measurement
Aug 16, 2017 – ABC Network has subscribed to Nielsen’s (NYSE: NLSN) National Out-of-Home Reporting Service. This agreement provides ABC with out-of-home viewing data, including ratings for all content—programs and commercials—aired on the network for live plus seven days of time-shifted viewing.
News categories: Nielsen, ABC Network, Peter Bradbury, Cindy Davis, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Nielsen to provide out-of-home measurement for CNN and Turner Sports
Jul 26, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Turner have announced that CNN and Turner Sports will subscribe to Nielsen’s National Out-of-Home Reporting Service. The agreement delivers program and commercial ratings for live plus seven days of time-shifted viewing.
News categories: Nielsen, Turner, CNN, Peter Bradbury, Jay Leon, Robin Garfield, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Raleigh, NC
- Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020