Digital TV News: Peter Tonagh
Foxtel lifts the lid on the Foxtel Now box
Nov 8, 2017 – Foxtel has unveiled its new Foxtel Now box, an affordable and easy to use device designed to stream the best choice of the world’s biggest new shows, live sport and complete seasons to consumers’ TVs.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
INVIDI and Foxtel to bring addressable television to Australia
Oct 24, 2017 – INVIDI Technologies and Foxtel have announced that they have entered into a licensing agreement bringing addressable television to Australia across satellite-delivered, IP and Internet delivered content.
News categories: INVIDI Technologies, Foxtel, Dave Downey, Peter Tonagh, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Foxtel introduces Foxtel Now streaming service
Jun 6, 2017 – Foxtel has unveiled Foxtel Now, a revamped and reenergised, internet delivered subscription TV service. Foxtel Now arrives as part of the company’s effort to provide Foxtel for everyone across IP delivered and cable/satellite services.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Foxtel to revamp Foxtel Play and close Presto TV
Oct 4, 2016 – Foxtel has announced a new look Foxtel Play streaming service, which will roll out from December 2016. Presto customers will be asked to move to Foxtel Play and the Presto service will cease on 31 January 2017.
News categories: Foxtel, Peter Tonagh, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, OTT
More Australians now have SVOD than Foxtel
Sep 8, 2016 – Whether it’s dozens of extra channels, streaming on demand, or internet TV through a set-top box, half of Australians now have paid television options in the home, Roy Morgan Research shows—and on-demand subscriptions have just overtaken Foxtel’s broadcast Pay TV.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5