Digital TV News: Phil McKinney
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
Dec 16, 2014 – Six technology companies completed the first successful interoperability test of DOCSIS 3.1 products for a new generation of high-speed hardware that can deliver up to 10 Gbps broadband speeds on Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) networks, CableLabs has announced.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Tom Lookabaugh, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs announces new generation of DOCSIS technology
Oct 30, 2013 – CableLabs has announced the availability of its DOCSIS 3.1 PHY and MULPI specifications. DOCSIS 3.1 technology will help operators continue to meet consumer demand for high speed connections and sophisticated applications.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Dan Rice, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
CableLabs launches NetworkFX global trust management company
Nov 5, 2012 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of its NetworkFX™ subsidiary. Built on years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: CableLabs, NetworkFX, Cable TV, Content Protection, OTT
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient