Digital TV News: Phil McKinney
Introducing 10G: The next great leap for broadband
Jan 7, 2019 – NCTA, CableLabs and Cable Europe have introduced, at CES, the cable industry’s vision for delivering 10 gigabit networks, or 10G to consumers. To support the rollout, Intel will deliver 10G-ready technology from the network infrastructure to home gateways.
News categories: NCTA, CableLabs, Cable Europe, Intel Corp, Michael Powell, Phil McKinney, Broadband, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
Dec 16, 2014 – Six technology companies completed the first successful interoperability test of DOCSIS 3.1 products for a new generation of high-speed hardware that can deliver up to 10 Gbps broadband speeds on Hybrid Fiber-Coax (HFC) networks, CableLabs has announced.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Tom Lookabaugh, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, USA, Worldwide
CableLabs announces new generation of DOCSIS technology
Oct 30, 2013 – CableLabs has announced the availability of its DOCSIS 3.1 PHY and MULPI specifications. DOCSIS 3.1 technology will help operators continue to meet consumer demand for high speed connections and sophisticated applications.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Dan Rice, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
CableLabs launches NetworkFX global trust management company
Nov 5, 2012 – CableLabs® has announced the launch of its NetworkFX™ subsidiary. Built on years of management of the cable industry's public key infrastructure (PKI), NetworkFX is an online trust management company that enables secure broadband connections for networked devices.
News categories: CableLabs, NetworkFX, Cable TV, Content Protection, OTT
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?