Digital TV News: Philip Brennan
NAGRA deploys S3's StormTest test automation platform globally
May 20, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by NAGRA to automate testing of its OpenTV 5 Set-Top Box (STB) middleware and guide solutions deployed with leading pay-TV service providers on a worldwide basis.
News categories: S3 Group, NAGRA, Mervin Zhang, Philip Brennan, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Middleware, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
S3 Group selected by Kabel Deutschland for end-to-end service validation
May 12, 2014 – S3 Group has announced that it has been selected by Kabel Deutschland, Germany's largest cable network operator, to help it scale and validate video services on various consumer premises equipment (CPE).
News categories: S3 Group, Kabel Deutschland, Bernd Hansen, Philip Brennan, Wolfgang Zeller, John Maguire, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Germany, QoE
S3 Group Licenses Comcast Reference Design Kit
Aug 15, 2012 – S3 Group has announced that it has licensed the Comcast Reference Design Kit (RDK) and will now provide its professional services to integrate the RDK onto set-top box (STB) platforms.
News categories: S3 Group, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box
Broadcom and S3 Group Collaborate to Enable Delivery of Digital TV Content to Multiple Devices
Sep 10, 2011 – S3 Group has introduced the result of their collaboration with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) to deliver digital TV broadcast and services to multiple devices within the home including residential gateways, tablets, laptops and other consumer devices.
News categories: S3 Group, Broadcom, IBCShowcase, Semiconductor
S3 and Broadcom Support BSkyB's Set-Top Box Development
Jul 19, 2010 – S3 Group has announced that it has collaborated with BSkyB (LSE:BSY) on the development of its latest HD set-top boxes (STBs), the DRX890 and the DRX895. These boxes include advanced STB technology from Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM).
News categories: S3 Group, Broadcom, BSkyB, Digital TV, DVR, Ireland, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UK
MultiChoice Licenses onHandTV from S3
Jan 15, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that leading Pay-TV operator MultiChoice has licensed S3's onHandTV™ Software Development Kit (SDK) for DVB-H to further develop their interactive Mobile Broadcast TV services.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, MultiChoice, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, South Africa
S3 and Nagravision Deliver Pre-Integrated Software To Pay TV Operators and STB Manufacturers
Sep 8, 2007 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that it signed an agreement with Nagravision, a Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD) company, to provide highly integrated software solutions to the pay TV operator and Set-Top Box (STB) manufacturer markets.
News categories: Nagravision, Silicon & Software Systems (S3), Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Software
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet