Digital TV News: Philippe Notton
Civolution forensic watermarking integrated with ST SoCs
Jan 5, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Civolution have announced the integration of Civolution’s NexGuard forensic watermarking with ST’s Ultra HD-4K Cannes and Monaco SoCs to detect unauthorized sharing of digital content and help deter piracy.
News categories: Civolution, STMicroelectronics, Alex Terpstra, Philippe Notton, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking
MStar latest OTT chip now supports Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 27, 2013 – MStar Semiconductor brings Irdeto Media Protection compliance to its new platform for the Over The Top (OTT) Pay TV Set Top Box market, showcasing MStar MSD7862 chipset for SD/HD H.264 with HbbTV support.
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Semiconductor
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 – Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston's historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, CABSAT, Conditional Access, DVR, HbbTV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MSTAR achieves NDS chip certification for the 3rd time
Sep 10, 2011 – MStar Semiconductor has confirmed its operator and pay TV Strategy with the achievement of NDS certification on its 5th generation of STB chipsets showcasing MStar MSD5C43.
News categories: MStar Semi, NDS Group, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar Semi selects Cryptography Research for hardware security in its set-top box ICs
Sep 6, 2011 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and MStar Semiconductor (3697.TW) have announced that MStar will license CRI's CryptoFirewall™ security technology for integration into its multimedia system-on-a-chip (SoC) set-top box chips.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar and Channel Islands Partner to Bring Advanced TV Advertising and Applications to Set Top Boxes
Sep 2, 2011 – MStar has announced that Channel Islands advanced TV Advertising and TV Applications have been integrated onto the MStar 785X system-on-chip (SoC) series.
News categories: MStar Semi, Channel Islands, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MSTAR enters the arena of NAGRA On-Chip Security (NOCS) certified Chipsets
Sep 1, 2011 – MStar Semiconductor (3697.TW) has announced that it has passed NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) chipset certification and provides now a NOCS 1.2-ready solution. The solution is already deployed in Standard and High Definition Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: MStar Semi, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Verimatrix and MStar Partner to Bring Advanced Cardless Security Solution to New Markets
Mar 14, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it has ported its hardened Verimatrix ViewRight® STB for DVB client security onto the MStar 785X system-on-chip (SoC) series.
News categories: Verimatrix, MStar Semi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs