Digital TV News: Pierre Roy
Conax delivers Montecable OTT service in Uruguay
Mar 29, 2018 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced the deployment of its Conax GO Live secure OTT multiscreen solution at Montecable in Uruguay. Conax enables the Montecable MC GO Live service by pre-integrating partner technology with Conax Contego security to create an end-to-end OTT solution.
News categories: Conax, Montecable, Pierre Roy, Fabiana Orlotti, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altice USA selects NAGRA content security platform
Feb 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced an agreement with Altice USA (Euronext: ATC, ATCB) under which NAGRA will provide Altice USA with content protection and a platform to enable encryption and content security for its HD and 4K offerings.
News categories: NAGRA, Altice, Pierre Roy, Hakim Boubazine, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Alticast teams with Vidéotron for Canada's first 4K UHD STB
Mar 23, 2016 – Alticast has announced that it has helped Videotron to be the first Canadian cable operator to make available a 4K ultra high definition set-top box on a commercial basis across its entire service footprint.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, John Carlucci, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Videotron introduces Canada's first Ultra HD DVR
Aug 11, 2015 – Videotron has become the first telecommunications provider in Canada to commercially release an ultra-high-definition (UHD) set-top box across its entire service area. Videotron intends to launch a UHD service by summer's end.
News categories: Videotron, Samsung, Manon Brouillette, Pierre Roy, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
Alticast and Videotron Collaborate to Provide the Next Generation in Interactive TV
Mar 27, 2012 – Alticast has announced that it helped Vidéotron (Toronto:QBR.A;QBR.B) to develop its interactive TV solution: illico TV new generation. Alticast has been the primary supplier and developer of applications, and is the primary integrator for the project.
News categories: Alticast, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Samsung Launches First HD Box and HD PVR in Partnership with Videotron
Mar 27, 2012 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) has announced that it is enhancing the way Vidéotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) customers watch TV with the launch of two new set top boxes - the Samsung HD box and HD PVR - in support of Vidéotron's illico digital TV service.
News categories: Samsung, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
Videotron chooses Cisco HD set-top box platform
Mar 27, 2012 – Vidéotron (Toronto: QBR.A; QBR.B) has announced that it has chosen Cisco's (NASDAQ: CSCO) HD set-top box platform to deploy the next generation of its enhanced illico digital TV service.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Videotron, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019