Digital TV News: Placed
Samsung, Spin Digital and SES showcase 8K content via satellite
May 14, 2019 – At its annual Industry Days event, SES showed a demo of an 8K signal broadcast directly to a TV with a built-in satellite receiver. The broadcast used Spin Digital for encoding and a Samsung TV to receive and decode the signal.
News categories: SES S.A, Spin Digital, Samsung, Thomas Wrede, Mauricio Alvarez-Mesa, John Adam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Satellite, Smart TV, Worldwide
Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
Apr 18, 2019 – SVoD continues to resonate with consumers across the globe. A report from Futuresource Consulting reveals that SVoD already reaches more than 60% of households in North America, 26% in Western Europe, 21% in Asia-Pacific and 19% in LATAM.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Arabsat 6A successfully launched
Apr 12, 2019 – Arabsat 6A has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral in Florida on a Falcon-Heavy rocket. The satellite, manufactured by Lockheed Martin, is to be placed in the exclusive orbit of Arabsat at 30.5 degrees East.
News categories: Arabsat, Khaled bin Ahmed Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Fincons announces partnership with Bitmovin
Apr 8, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced a partnership with Bitmovin. The objective of the two businesses is to leverage their combined strengths to deliver innovative and future-proofed products, tailored solutions and services to the market.
News categories: Fincons Group, Bitmovin, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Imagine Communications integral to Nine Entertainment's ad buying platform
Apr 7, 2019 – Imagine Communications has announced its evolving role in Nine Entertainment's 9Galaxy automated TV trading platform. Nine is using Imagine’s xG GamePlan cloud-native booking optimizer to take an audience-based approach to ad inventory management.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Nine Entertainment, Rob Malcolm, Mat Yelavich, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow
Potential 17 million+ market for Apple TV+ in Australia
Apr 5, 2019 – Apple’s new streaming TV service, Apple TV+, is debuting later this year in Australia. The potential market is huge, according to Roy Morgan Research. Over 17 million currently access streaming video services or own Apple-branded devices capable of accessing streaming video services.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Apple, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Oxagile and Vimond offer end-to-end OTT solutions
Apr 4, 2019 – Vimond and Oxagile have announced a partnership aimed at serving Media, Broadcast and dedicated OTT providers. Leveraging Vimond’s 'Next' architecture and Oxagile’s integration and professional services, the focus will be on building end-to-end OTT solutions.
News categories: Vimond, Oxagile, Borre Sandvik, Sergey Marchuk, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Transition expected in TV panel demand towards 50" and above in 2019
Mar 28, 2019 – According to a WitsView report on the market for large-sized panels, production capacity expansions in 2018 brought capacity by area to 202.4 million square metres, representing a growth of 7.9% YoY, the largest since 2013.
News categories: WitsView, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
Mar 19, 2019 – According to PwC, there is a revolution occurring in how consumers access entertainment and media. 38% of global consumers stream entertainment at least daily, and among Gen Z consumers, cord-cutting for entertainment is at more than 50%.
News categories: PwC, John Maxwell, Market Research, Worldwide
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV