Digital TV News: Point Topic
High-speed broadband reached three quarters of homes in Europe in June 2017
Jun 25, 2018 – At the end of June 2017, more than three quarters of homes in the 28 countries in the European Union (EU28) had access to high-speed broadband services. For the first time, 4G LTE availability matched 3G HSPA networks, in terms of the number of households covered.
News categories: IHS Markit, Point Topic, James Joyner, Broadband, Europe, Market Research
Broadband now in more than 700 million homes worldwide
Oct 6, 2014 – The latest milestone in the relentless march of high speed internet access was passed at the end of June this year as the total number of households with a broadband line came to 700.2 million.
News categories: Point Topic, Oliver Johnson, Brazil, Broadband, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Russia, Subscribers, UK, USA
IPTV subscriptions top 100 million for the first time
Jul 3, 2014 – According to Point Topic, global IPTV subscriptions have topped the 100 million mark for the first time. The market research company has said that the market grew by 4.8% in the first quarter of 2014 with 4.6 million new subscriptions, taking the total number of subscribers to 100.9 million.
News categories: Point Topic, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
IPTV nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold
Apr 9, 2014 – Year-end figures for broadband and IPTV, published by the Broadband Forum, show that IPTV is nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold, with 21% growth in 2013 taking the total to 96 million.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Robin Mersh, Oliver Johnson, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Worldwide
Fiber Drives Global Broadband Access Forward
Feb 20, 2013 – Figures from Point Topic, published by the Broadband Forum, reveal that of the 54 million new broadband subscribers added in the year to 3Q 2012, 48% are being served with fiber. Fiber deployments have now passed cable to account for 19.7% of the total broadband market.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
15 million new IPTV subscribers added globally over the past year
Oct 16, 2012 – According to the latest figures published by the Broadband Forum, and prepared by broadband industry analysts Point Topic, globally 15.9 million IPTV subscribers were added over the last 12 months, and 3.57 million over the last quarter.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, China, Digital TV, France, Germany, Hong Kong, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, USA
Mariner xVu™ Reaches Seven Million Devices Under Management
Sep 8, 2012 – Mariner has announced a major milestone in the growth of its innovative, award-winning flagship product. Mariner xVu™ is now monitoring more than seven million devices, making Mariner xVu a global market leader in the IPTV industry.
News categories: Mariner, Curtis Howe, IBCShowcase, IPTV, Middleware, QoE
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
IPTV - Subscribers Up in a Competitive Market
May 1, 2012 – According to Point Topic, global IPTV subscriptions closed in on 60 million at the end of 2011, with the last yearly quarter witnessing the biggest three month increase in subscribers yet.
News categories: Point Topic, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system