Digital TV News: Premiere AG
Premiere: Decisive phase in the fight against the organized theft of rights
Aug 5, 2008 – Premiere (PRE.XE) has developed and successfully tested an extensive security package together with its encryption partners NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) and Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX) to ensure that all pirate viewers will be greeted with a blank screen soon.
News categories: Premiere AG, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kabel Deutschland Presents Record Results
Jul 29, 2008 – Kabel Deutschland has significantly advanced digitization in its cable households: on March 31, 2008 the number of digital TV subscriptions increased to 1.7 million (previous year 1.2 million) including the 778,500 KDG pay TV RGUs.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Results, Subscribers
News Corporation Increases Stake in Premiere AG to 25.01 Percent
May 19, 2008 – News Corporation (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has secured additional shares in leading German pay-TV operator, Premiere AG (Frankfurt: PRE), increasing its total stake to 25.01 percent.
News categories: News Corp, Premiere, Digital TV, Germany, MnA, Satellite
Q1 2008: Premiere increases revenues to EUR 251.5 million
May 15, 2008 – As of March 31, 2008, Premiere (PRE.XE) had 4,242,467 subscribers (March 31, 2008: 3,460,572), of which 621,908 were indirect arena customers. Compared to Q1 2007 figures, the number of direct subscribers rose by 4.6 percent to 3,620,559.
News categories: Premiere AG, Austria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Premiere to Introduce Next Generation Nagravision Smartcards
Apr 15, 2008 – Premiere and the Kudelski Group (SWX:KUD.VX) confirm that Premiere will continue to secure its pay TV revenues with Nagravision technology. The latest generation of smartcards will be introduced from May 2008 onwards.
News categories: Nagravision, Premiere, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite
Premiere Chooses NDS VideoGuard® to Secure its Pay-TV Platforms in Germany and Austria
Apr 15, 2008 – NDS Group (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that Premiere will deploy VideoGuard®, the market-leading content protection solution from NDS, to secure its pay-TV satellite platforms in Germany and Austria.
News categories: NDS Group, Premiere, Austria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
News Corporation Increases Stake in German Pay-TV Operator, Premiere AG
Feb 21, 2008 – News Corporation (NYSE: NWS, NWS.A; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has secured additional shares in leading German pay-TV operator, Premiere AG, increasing its total stake to 19.9 percent.
News categories: News Corporation, Premiere AG, Digital TV, Germany, MnA, Satellite
News Corporation Acquires 14.58 Percent Interest in German Pay-TV Operator, Premiere AG
Jan 7, 2008 – News Corporation has announced that it has acquired a 14.58 percent stake in Premiere AG, the leading German pay-TV operator for 287 million Euro in cash.
News categories: News Corp, Premiere AG, Digital TV, Germany, MnA, Satellite
3rd quarter 2007: Premiere posts EBITDA of EUR 22.0 million and increases subscriber numbers to 4.17 million
Nov 6, 2007 – There was a clear increase in subscriber numbers quarter-on-quarter (3,473,174 on June 30): with a net growth of 700,221 customers in the 3rd quarter 2007, Premiere registered 4,173,395 subscribers as of September 30.
News categories: Premiere AG, Key figures Q3 2007, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K