Digital TV News: ProSiebenSat.1
ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery partner for OTT in Germany
May 2, 2017 – ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Communications have announced plans to expand Germany’s mobile video and OTT marketplace through a streaming joint venture partnership for their brands in Germany.
News categories: Discovery, ProSiebenSat.1, Jean-Briac Perrette, Christof Wahl, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Accedo AppGrid powers VOD services from ProSiebenSat.1 Digital
Oct 19, 2016 – Accedo has announced that its cloud-based application publishing and configuration platform, Accedo AppGrid, is powering seven new Video On Demand (VOD) services for ProSiebenSat.1 Digital GmbH.
News categories: Accedo, ProSiebenSat.1 Digital, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
European S-VOD subscribers to reach 50 million by 2020
Jun 29, 2016 – New research from the EBU’s Media Intelligence Service shows that subscription video-on-demand (SVoD) subscribers in Europe grew 56% in just one year between 2014 and 2015, and are expected to reach 50 million homes by 2020.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
3SS updates UI for Kabel Deutschland Select Video VOD service
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Kabel Deutschland, Kai-Christian Borchers, Hagen Bossert, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, UX
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
ProSiebenSat.1 selects Octoshape to broadcast OTT IPTV channels
Sep 11, 2014 – Octoshape has announced that ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG, Germany’s largest privately held, commercial television and pay TV operator, has selected Octoshape’s broadcast solutions for expansion into Europe and overseas markets.
News categories: Octoshape, ProSiebenSat, Michael Koehn, Marcel Mohaupt, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, IBCShowcase, OTT, Worldwide
INSIDE Secure protects maxdome's HD video streaming
Mar 26, 2014 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) and maxdome have announced that maxdome has licensed INSIDE’s downloadable DRM Fusion™ Agent software to protect streaming video content delivery for the maxdome mobile portal.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, maxdome, Andreas Heyden, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, OTT, TV Everywhere
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
S&T delivers connected content for Freeview HD and Freesat
Feb 11, 2011 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) technology is helping to deliver on demand video content over broadband to Freeview HD and Freesat set-top boxes and IDTVs as part of the new MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC).
News categories: S&T, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0