Digital TV News: Providence Equity Partners
All Media Baltics takes capacity on ASTRA 4A
Dec 19, 2017 – All Media Baltics’ Pay TV subscribers will be able to enjoy the broadcaster’s channel package in HD quality, including its original premium TV channels, at 5°E, following a multi-year capacity agreement announced by SES.
News categories: SES S.A, All Media Baltics, Håkan Sjödin, Arvils Kupris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Satellite
MTG sells Baltic broadcasting businesses
Mar 17, 2017 – MTG has signed an agreement to sell its free-TV, pay-TV, digital and radio businesses in the Baltic region to Providence Equity Partners, an asset management firm that is the owner of Bite, the Lithuanian and Latvian mobile operator.
News categories: MTG, Providence Equity Partners, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Robert Sudo, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, MnA, Satellite
Hulu Debuts via Private Beta and on Distribution Partners AOL, Comcast, MSN, MySpace and Yahoo!
Oct 29, 2007 – Hulu has announced the beta launch of its online video service, offering viewers a vast selection of streaming, on-demand, premium programming on a free, ad-supported basis.
News categories: Hulu, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Private Equity comes to the rescue of Europe's cable industry
Jun 25, 2007 – The latest report from media analysts Screen Digest finds that the European cable industry is in rude health, thanks mainly to a massive injection of private equity investment over the past five years.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable Europe (ECCA), Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Private Equity
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV