Digital TV News: Proximus
Wyplay powers 4K Android IPTV STB from Proximus
Nov 28, 2018 – Proximus has introduced its V6 set-top box (STB) running Wyplay's latest generation Android software. Wyplay enabled Proximus to successfully transition from Linux to Android with a complete software solution and integration services.
News categories: Wyplay, Proximus, Jacques Bourgninaud, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
Proximus to upgrade ATEME video headend
Jan 10, 2017 – ATEME has announced that Proximus is upgrading its ATEME based video headend to a TITAN full-software solution in order to reap the benefits of its new features and R&D enhancements.
News categories: ATEME, Proximus, Christophe Deffontaines, Thierry Demoor, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Belgium's Proximus adds 167,000 TV subscriptions in 2015
Feb 26, 2016 – Proximus has announced results for 2015. The company ended 2015 with a total TV customer base of 1,759,000, up by 167,000 customers or +10.5% from the prior year.
News categories: Proximus, Belgium, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
Feb 12, 2016 – IHS (NYSE: IHS) has announced findings from its survey of pay TV providers working with Netflix. The report from IHS found that integrating Netflix into traditional pay TV services has had a net positive impact on these operators’ performance.
News categories: IHS Technology, Ted Hall, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Verimatrix joins Frog by Wyplay
Sep 3, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Verimatrix has joined the Frog by Wyplay community and that the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) will be part of the new Frog Turnkey Broadcast/IP bundle on set top box (STB) devices.
News categories: Wyplay, Verimatrix, Dominique Féral, Steve Christian, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZappoTV licenses Media Player applications to Proximus
Sep 2, 2015 – ZappoTV has announced that it has licensed its Media Player applications to Proximus offering its customers access to personal media, select content, and Proximus Cloud using the Proximus SwipeBox.
News categories: ZappoTV, Proximus, Huawei, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Set Top Box
Proximus releases SwipeBox for sharing photos and videos on the TV screen
Aug 28, 2015 – Proximus has announced the launch of its SwipeBox, a device for 'swiping' photos, videos and music to the TV screen via a smartphone or tablet. The SwipeBox box is connected between the Proximus TV decoder and the TV set over HDMI.
News categories: Proximus, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, Mobile, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019