Digital TV News: QuickPlay
Quickplay powers HOOQ OTT TV service
Apr 8, 2015 – Quickplay has announced that its managed video platform is powering the HOOQ OTT TV service. HOOQ, now launched in the Philippines, delivers Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes, to customers anytime.
News categories: Quickplay, HOOQ, Wayne Purboo, Peter G. Bithos, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Infrastructure, OTT, Philippines, Thailand
Quickplay demonstrates LTE Broadcast with Qualcomm at MWC15
Mar 2, 2015 – Quickplay has announced plans to integrate LTE Broadcast capabilities into its managed video platform. The solution will allow mobile operators who are using an LTE Broadcast solution from Qualcomm to deliver video over mobile devices and networks.
News categories: Quickplay, Qualcomm, Wayne Purboo, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, MWC, Semiconductor
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, IBC, Infrastructure, OTT, TV Everywhere
NXP Software Brings Premium Experiences to MWC13
Feb 22, 2013 – NXP Software will showcase its LifeVibes mobile multimedia software at MWC 2013. Visitors can interact with its LifeVibes solutions for voice and video and discover how NXP Software enables device makers and service providers to deliver a premium experience.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen, MWC
Verimatrix Unveils Commercial-Grade MPEG-DASH Secure Delivery Solution at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 – Verimatrix has unveiled Verimatrix VCAS™ for DASH, the world's first commercial-grade MPEG-DASH secure delivery solution. Extending the Verimatrix range of OTT solutions helps open up multi-screen delivery to DASH standard compliant smart devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, IBC, OTT
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 – QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Anevia & NXP Software Enhance Quality of Service for OTT Mobile Video
Apr 13, 2012 – Anevia and NXP Software have announced that they have joined forces to create a multiscreen video streaming solution. Their joint offering allows service providers to offer improved Quality of Service, as well as advanced features and multilingual support.
News categories: NXP Software, Anevia, Infrastructure, Media Player, NAB, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Verimatrix Enables TV Everywhere for SBB and Telemach
Mar 20, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Serbia Broadband (SBB) and Telemach, a Slovenian and Bosnian cable TV and broadband Internet provider, have deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Serbia Broadband, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen
- IPTV revenues in Canada up 39% in 2014
- Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
- 58% of Canadian broadband households have access to online video on their TV set
- Sling TV releases App for Android TV
- ALi and Mware integrate STB IPTV OTT middleware
- Europe's first FTA Ultra HD channel to launch on Astra at 19.2°E
- Altice enters the US market with acquisition of Suddenlink
- 134 million digital TV homes to be added in 2015
- Vodafone ends Q1 with 9.1 million TV customers in Europe
- GatesAir prepares Brazil's Rede VTV for transition to DTT
- Russian pay TV subscribers reached 37.6 million at end-2014
- Connected TVs to drive OTT subscription surge
- LATTO and Verimatrix partner on secure OTT monetization platform
- 37,000 IPTV customers for eircom
- Belarus completes switch to digital television
- 70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
- OTT video 'account sharing' prevalent in the U.S.
- Singapore's StarHub adds 3k subscribers in 1Q 2015
- Panasonic launches first Firefox OS-based TVs
- Orange Slovakia launches VOD with Banaxi