Digital TV News: QuickPlay
Quickplay and You.i TV partner to deliver OTT experiences
Apr 12, 2016 – Quickplay has announced a new partnership with You.i TV, creator of a multiscreen application development platform for video applications, enabling Pay-TV operators and content programmers to build custom multiscreen applications.
News categories: Quickplay, You.i TV, Wayne Purboo, Jason Flick, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Quickplay powers HOOQ OTT TV service
Apr 8, 2015 – Quickplay has announced that its managed video platform is powering the HOOQ OTT TV service. HOOQ, now launched in the Philippines, delivers Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes, to customers anytime.
News categories: Quickplay, HOOQ, Wayne Purboo, Peter G. Bithos, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Infrastructure, OTT, Philippines, Thailand
Quickplay demonstrates LTE Broadcast with Qualcomm at MWC15
Mar 2, 2015 – Quickplay has announced plans to integrate LTE Broadcast capabilities into its managed video platform. The solution will allow mobile operators who are using an LTE Broadcast solution from Qualcomm to deliver video over mobile devices and networks.
News categories: Quickplay, Qualcomm, Wayne Purboo, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, MWC, Semiconductor
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, IBCShow, Infrastructure, OTT, TV Everywhere
NXP Software Brings Premium Experiences to MWC13
Feb 22, 2013 – NXP Software will showcase its LifeVibes mobile multimedia software at MWC 2013. Visitors can interact with its LifeVibes solutions for voice and video and discover how NXP Software enables device makers and service providers to deliver a premium experience.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen, MWC
Verimatrix Unveils Commercial-Grade MPEG-DASH Secure Delivery Solution at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 – Verimatrix has unveiled Verimatrix VCAS™ for DASH, the world's first commercial-grade MPEG-DASH secure delivery solution. Extending the Verimatrix range of OTT solutions helps open up multi-screen delivery to DASH standard compliant smart devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, IBCShow, OTT
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 – QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Anevia & NXP Software Enhance Quality of Service for OTT Mobile Video
Apr 13, 2012 – Anevia and NXP Software have announced that they have joined forces to create a multiscreen video streaming solution. Their joint offering allows service providers to offer improved Quality of Service, as well as advanced features and multilingual support.
News categories: NXP Software, Anevia, Infrastructure, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Verimatrix Enables TV Everywhere for SBB and Telemach
Mar 20, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Serbia Broadband (SBB) and Telemach, a Slovenian and Bosnian cable TV and broadband Internet provider, have deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Serbia Broadband, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
- U.S. millennials stream more than half of their TV
- Streaming Media Adapter market faces mounting pressure
- Hulu subscribers up 30% YoY; adds ad partnerships
- SVOD becomes dominant U.S. model for accessing TV online
- Deutsche Telekom adds 70,000 TV customers in 1Q 2016
- Sprint to stream 4K over 5G at Copa America games in June
- Vestel and Opera TV partner for HbbTV 2.0 TVs
- Mediacom video subscribers down 2,000 in 1Q 2016
- EUTELSAT 7B chosen by Liquid Telecom for Africa DTH
- Jiuzhou to deploy SERAPHIC HTML5 browser
- EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite goes live at 65° West
- ICFLIX now accessible on Hisense TVs
- Nigeria launches DTT pilot in Jos
- U.S. 4K Ultra HD TV sales exceed 1.5 million units in Q1
- Telefonica adds 94,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2016
- NetCologne launches NetTV IPTV service
- Deutsche Telekom upgrades Entertain TV service
- Bangladesh’s first DTH service RealVU set in operation
- Accenture enables Mediaset Premium OTT
- TWC residential video subscribers up 21,000 in 1Q 2016