Digital TV News: QuickPlay
Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
Aug 18, 2016 – ABI Research finds that video equipment will see a 4% CAGR through 2021, whereas Managed Video Platforms (MVPs) focused on providing turnkey service offerings and delivering media & entertainment content will see a 17% CAGR in the same period.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Software, Worldwide
ABI Research forecasts a flat video software market through 2021
Aug 11, 2016 – ABI Research predicts a flat video software market through 2021, with revenues remaining close to $4 billion. Mature market saturation, cost and consolidation pressure from open source software, and trends toward in-house development, drive the flat forecast.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, IBCShow, Infrastructure, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
SKYCABLE deploys Squadeo video player and Verimatrix PC security in the Philippines
Jun 1, 2016 – Squadeo has announced that Filipino cable TV company SKYCABLE is deploying Squadeo’s video player, integrated with the Verimatrix security client, for its online streaming service, Sky On-Demand.
News categories: Squadeo, Verimatrix, SKYCABLE, Benoit Brieussel, Petr Peterka, Joevel Rivera, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, PC Video, Philippines, TV Everywhere
Quickplay and You.i TV partner to deliver OTT experiences
Apr 12, 2016 – Quickplay has announced a new partnership with You.i TV, creator of a multiscreen application development platform for video applications, enabling Pay-TV operators and content programmers to build custom multiscreen applications.
News categories: Quickplay, You.i TV, Wayne Purboo, Jason Flick, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Quickplay powers HOOQ OTT TV service
Apr 8, 2015 – Quickplay has announced that its managed video platform is powering the HOOQ OTT TV service. HOOQ, now launched in the Philippines, delivers Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes, to customers anytime.
News categories: Quickplay, HOOQ, Wayne Purboo, Peter G. Bithos, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, Infrastructure, OTT, Philippines, Thailand
Quickplay demonstrates LTE Broadcast with Qualcomm at MWC15
Mar 2, 2015 – Quickplay has announced plans to integrate LTE Broadcast capabilities into its managed video platform. The solution will allow mobile operators who are using an LTE Broadcast solution from Qualcomm to deliver video over mobile devices and networks.
News categories: Quickplay, Qualcomm, Wayne Purboo, 5G, Digital TV, Infrastructure, MBMS, MWC, Semiconductor
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, IBCShow, Infrastructure, OTT, TV Everywhere
NXP Software Brings Premium Experiences to MWC13
Feb 22, 2013 – NXP Software will showcase its LifeVibes mobile multimedia software at MWC 2013. Visitors can interact with its LifeVibes solutions for voice and video and discover how NXP Software enables device makers and service providers to deliver a premium experience.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen, MWC
Verimatrix Unveils Commercial-Grade MPEG-DASH Secure Delivery Solution at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 – Verimatrix has unveiled Verimatrix VCAS™ for DASH, the world's first commercial-grade MPEG-DASH secure delivery solution. Extending the Verimatrix range of OTT solutions helps open up multi-screen delivery to DASH standard compliant smart devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, IBCShow, OTT
- Verimatrix releases evaluation app for connected devices
- Novus selects Ericsson Mediaroom for IPTV in Vancouver
- Harmonic to show industry's first software-based CCAP solution at SCTE
- Five NCTC members sign up for Evolution Digital eVUE-TV
- TiVo adds personalization and discovery to Fan TV
- izzi Telecom selects ARRIS compression for HDTV in Mexico
- Eastlink selects ARRIS for HEVC and UltraHD compression
- ATEME powers Globo 4K HDR VOD
- shomi to shut down on November 30, 2016
- Ericsson expands DVR services for VTR Chile and Liberty Puerto Rico
- GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
- ARRIS Whole Home Solution becomes Espial Elevate
- U.S. pay TV penetration returns to the level of 2005
- Freeview Play spec adds HEVC and Ultra HD via broadband
- Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
- Asiasat to provide 4K content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4
- Orange experiments with virtual reality
- comScore partners with DEG for digital industry reporting
- Four companies control half of Western Europe’s pay TV subs
- Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance