Digital TV News: QuickPlay
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, IBCShow, Infrastructure, OTT, TV Everywhere
NXP Software Brings Premium Experiences to MWC13
Feb 22, 2013 – NXP Software will showcase its LifeVibes mobile multimedia software at MWC 2013. Visitors can interact with its LifeVibes solutions for voice and video and discover how NXP Software enables device makers and service providers to deliver a premium experience.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen, MWC14
Verimatrix Unveils Commercial-Grade MPEG-DASH Secure Delivery Solution at IBC 2012
Sep 7, 2012 – Verimatrix has unveiled Verimatrix VCAS™ for DASH, the world's first commercial-grade MPEG-DASH secure delivery solution. Extending the Verimatrix range of OTT solutions helps open up multi-screen delivery to DASH standard compliant smart devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, IBCShow, OTT
QuickPlay Expands Content Security Capabilities for Multiscreen Video Services
Apr 19, 2012 – QuickPlay Media has announced enhancements to its OpenVideo platform. New content security features include additional integrations with AuthenTec to support PlayReady for Live TV and full certification by Google Widevine for Live TV and VOD.
News categories: QuickPlay Media, AuthenTec, Widevine, Content Protection, DRM, OTT
Anevia & NXP Software Enhance Quality of Service for OTT Mobile Video
Apr 13, 2012 – Anevia and NXP Software have announced that they have joined forces to create a multiscreen video streaming solution. Their joint offering allows service providers to offer improved Quality of Service, as well as advanced features and multilingual support.
News categories: NXP Software, Anevia, Infrastructure, Media Player, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, The NAB Show
Verimatrix Enables TV Everywhere for SBB and Telemach
Mar 20, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Serbia Broadband (SBB) and Telemach, a Slovenian and Bosnian cable TV and broadband Internet provider, have deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Serbia Broadband, Telemach, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, OTT, Serbia, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen
NXP Software demonstrates LifeVibes smart player at MWC 2012
Feb 28, 2012 – NXP Software is demonstrating new smart player solutions for TV and Video on Demand (VOD) at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2012. They provide seamless access to content from any device and enable exciting experiences like social TV.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, MWC14, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
NXP Software and Verimatrix bring secure content delivery to Android devices
Feb 16, 2012 – NXP Software has integrated Verimatrix ViewRight® Web client security into the Android version of its LifeVibes QuickPlayer. ViewRight Web enables enhanced security for adaptive streaming content delivery on Android phones and tablets.
News categories: NXP Software, Verimatrix, Content Protection, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
- Charter video subscribers down 29,000 in 2Q 2014
- Time Warner Cable video subscribers down 152,000 in 2Q 2014
- Telefonica adds 494,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- BT adds 40,000 TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Telenet adds 19,200 digital TV subscribers in Q2 2014
- Entropic reports second quarter 2014 results
- MultiChoice Africa extends DTH contract with Eutelsat
- India registers 1.85 million additional DTH subscribers in 1Q 2014
- Octoshape and Altech partner for OTT/IPTV in the Middle-East and Africa
- 2.2 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
- Eagle Kingdom ports middleware to DTVKit platform
- Asia Pacific OTT TV to surge to $10 billion
- Brazil adds 513,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- India's GTPL chooses ST chipsets for cable STBs
- Telsur selects ATEME encoder for iOS streaming
- Russia's MTS launches new HD STB
- Airtel Digital TV adds 376,000 subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Nokia to trial LTE for national TV broadcasting
- Hungary adds 12,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- HGI sets out business requirements for media gateway