Digital TV News: Quickplay
Viaccess-Orca acquires Squadeo
May 24, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has acquired Squadeo. The integration of Squadeo’s multimedia QuickPlayer further strengthens Viaccess-Orca’s Connected Sentinel Player (CSP) offering, enabling an end-to-end solution for delivering live and VOD content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Squadeo, Paul Molinier, Nicolas Delahaye, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Media Player, MnA, Mobile, Worldwide
Market focus switching to live linear OTT video services
Jan 19, 2017 – Service providers are decreasing marketing on their cable, satellite, and IPTV products that offer managed quality of service in favor of new products that use over the top (OTT) technologies to compete with Amazon and Netflix.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
Aug 18, 2016 – ABI Research finds that video equipment will see a 4% CAGR through 2021, whereas Managed Video Platforms (MVPs) focused on providing turnkey service offerings and delivering media & entertainment content will see a 17% CAGR in the same period.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Software, Worldwide
ABI Research forecasts a flat video software market through 2021
Aug 11, 2016 – ABI Research predicts a flat video software market through 2021, with revenues remaining close to $4 billion. Mature market saturation, cost and consolidation pressure from open source software, and trends toward in-house development, drive the flat forecast.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Market Research, Middleware, Worldwide
SKYCABLE deploys Squadeo video player and Verimatrix PC security in the Philippines
Jun 1, 2016 – Squadeo has announced that Filipino cable TV company SKYCABLE is deploying Squadeo’s video player, integrated with the Verimatrix security client, for its online streaming service, Sky On-Demand.
News categories: Squadeo, Verimatrix, SKYCABLE, Benoit Brieussel, Petr Peterka, Joevel Rivera, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Philippines, TV Everywhere
Quickplay and You.i TV partner to deliver OTT experiences
Apr 12, 2016 – Quickplay has announced a new partnership with You.i TV, creator of a multiscreen application development platform for video applications, enabling Pay-TV operators and content programmers to build custom multiscreen applications.
News categories: Quickplay, You.i TV, Wayne Purboo, Jason Flick, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Quickplay powers HOOQ OTT TV service
Apr 8, 2015 – Quickplay has announced that its managed video platform is powering the HOOQ OTT TV service. HOOQ, now launched in the Philippines, delivers Hollywood blockbusters and TV series, as well as local movies and programmes, to customers anytime.
News categories: Quickplay, HOOQ, Wayne Purboo, Peter G. Bithos, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Thailand
Quickplay demonstrates LTE Broadcast with Qualcomm at MWC15
Mar 2, 2015 – Quickplay has announced plans to integrate LTE Broadcast capabilities into its managed video platform. The solution will allow mobile operators who are using an LTE Broadcast solution from Qualcomm to deliver video over mobile devices and networks.
News categories: Quickplay, Qualcomm, Wayne Purboo, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, Semiconductor
QuickPlay launches Network PVR solution for multiscreen TV
Sep 10, 2013 – QuickPlay Media has announced its Network PVR (nPVR) solution which enables recording and playback of Live TV content on OTT devices such as mobile phones, tablets, PCs, connected TVs and gaming consoles.
News categories: QuickPlay, Cable TV, Content Distribution, IBC2019, OTT, TV Everywhere
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ