Digital TV News: Rambus
Montage LZ selects Rambus CryptoMedia Core to secure STB ICs
Nov 1, 2018 – Rambus (NASDAQ: RMBS) has announced that its CryptoMedia core has been selected for integration into Montage LZ set-top box chips. The security core provides smart-card level security inside the chipset, eliminating the need for a separate smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Montage LZ, Dr. Martin Scott, Derek Chang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca and Rambus strengthen security in TVs and STBs
Nov 28, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has collaborated with Rambus to strengthen its VO Shield Root of Trust (RoT) solution. The CryptoMedia Content Protection Core from Rambus complements VO Shield by enabling a hardware RoT to be embedded directly in the multimedia chipset of devices, including TVs and STBs.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Rambus, Cédric Hardouin, Bret Sewell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
CryptoMedia Security to protect Dish TV India pay TV content
Jul 18, 2016 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Dish TV India has selected the CryptoMedia Security Platform for use in its pay TV satellite system. The platform ensures secure distribution of content while eliminating the need for a smart card.
News categories: Rambus, Dish TV India, Dr. Martin Scott, Jawahar Goel, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cryptography Research extends licence agreement with NAGRA
Jun 23, 2016 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that it has extended the license agreement with NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) for the use of its Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasures in selected NAGRA digital TV offerings.
News categories: Rambus, NAGRA, Dr. Martin Scott, Content Protection, Silicon IP, Worldwide
INSIDE Secure and Rambus collaborate to protect 4K and Ultra HD content
May 30, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it is working with Cryptography Research to enable the delivery of over-the-top (OTT) 4K and Ultra High Definition (UHD) content that meets Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) specifications.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Rambus, Andrew McLennan, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
MStar, Intertrust and Rambus to show security for 4K UHD TV at IBC 2015
Sep 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has started production of a secure chipset for connected TVs that integrates the Rambus Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay cloud service for DRM.
News categories: MStar Semi, Rambus, Intertrust, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, David Maher, Content Protection, IBC, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cryptography Research to manage cryptographic keys for SCSA-enabled devices
Sep 1, 2015 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has been selected by the Secure Content Storage Association (SCSA) to run and manage the VIDITY Key Issuance Center. The service manages cryptographic keys that SCSA-enabled devices and services use in securing content.
News categories: Cryptography Research, SCSA, Paul Kocher, David Huerta, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
MStar integrates Intertrust UHD security for TVs and STBs
Jul 15, 2015 – Intertrust has announced that MStar Semiconductor has integrated Intertrust's ExpressPlay UHD in MStar’s SoCs for 4K TVs, set-top boxes and OTT/IP boxes. ExpressPlay UHD is the most widely deployed DRM in China and the choice of initiatives in Japan and Europe.
News categories: Intertrust, MStar Semi, Kenny Huang, Wayne Tsai, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Intertrust integrates Cryptography Research security cores
Apr 9, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Intertrust will integrate its CryptoFirewall hardware security cores with its ExpressPlay cloud service. Smart 4K UHD TVs are the first target devices for the integrated security solution.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Intertrust, Paul Kocher, Talal Shamoon, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Afghanistan Broadcasting System selects EUTELSAT 53A as its DTH platform
- StarHub pay TV households down 49,000 in 2018
- Encoding.com selected by Akamai as preferred partner for VOD transcoding
- U.S. smart speaker sales will exceed 64 million in 2022
- Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
- DISH TV down ~380k; Sling TV up ~50k subs in 4Q 2018
- TVSquared partners with TiVo for deterministic attribution
- Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
- FreeWheel chooses Nielsen to power audience-based multiscreen TV advertising
- GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
- Tastemade expands linear OTT footprint with Amagi
- FreeWheel Council for Premium Video Europe releases paper on programmatic technology
- Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
- Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
- Digital Voice Assistants in use to triple to 8 billion by 2023
- Amazon to acquire mesh WiFi company, eero
- LiveRamp expands identity solution to include connected TV
- CuriosityStream raises $140M in private placement
- Hong Kong to begin analogue TV switch off on November 30, 2020
- China's online video subscribers to surpass 300 million in 2019