Digital TV News: Realtek
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vewd and Realtek collaborate to advance Android TV offering
Aug 27, 2019 – Vewd has announced that Realtek will pre-integrate Vewd’s smart TV technology and essential modules with their Android TV-based chipsets. The integration will include Vewd Core as well as Vewd's hybrid TV, media player and Freeview Play modules.
News categories: Vewd, Realtek, Android TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Cadence speeds development of new Realtek DTV SoC
May 3, 2018 – Cadence (NASDAQ: CDNS) has announced that Realtek has used the Cadence Innovus Implementation System for its 28nm Digital TV (DTV) System-on-Chip (SoC) production tapeout and achieved an area improvement and reduced power.
News categories: Realtek, Cadence, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Celeno and Realtek offer 4K wireless STB reference design
Mar 1, 2017 – Celeno Communications has announced a joint reference design with Realtek for 4K wireless set-top boxes. The solution is enabled by Celeno's CL2440 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 Wi-Fi chip and Realtek's RTD1295 SoC for 4K set-top boxes.
News categories: Celeno, Realtek, Lior Weiss, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
MaxLinear and Realtek target reference design at 4K UHD satellite PVR market
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and Realtek have announced a set-top box (STB) reference design that enables satellite pay-TV operators to deploy multichannel Ultra HD broadcast services in a low power, cost-optimized form factor.
News categories: MaxLinear, Realtek, Will Torgerson, Angus Lee, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM now Dolby Vision compatible
Sep 9, 2016 – Intertrust has announced that the Intertrust ExpressPlay cloud-based digital rights management (DRM) system is now compatible with Dolby Vision, the HDR imaging format for Ultra HD content.
News categories: Intertrust, Dolby, Kenny Huang, Curt Behlmer, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
Realtek first chip certified for DivX HEVC 4K streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX and Realtek Semiconductor have announced that Realtek's RTD2984DX-GR Ultra HD SoC has achieved DivX HEVC Certification, enabling streaming of highly efficient DivX HEVC video at up to 4K resolutions on new Ultra HD TV sets.
News categories: DivX, Realtek, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Yee-Wei Huang, Asia, CES, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Haier selects SERAPHIC TV browser for Connected TVs in Europe
Sep 5, 2014 – Haier has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC in order to deploy SERAPHIC’s Blink-based Sraf TV Browser in its new range of connected TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Haier, Christophe Chancenest, Ye Wang, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, IFA2019, Smart TV
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos