Digital TV News: Red Bee Media
Red Bee and TitanTV extend program guide partnership
Apr 23, 2020 – Red Bee has extended its relationship with TitanTV, continuing the delivery of Content Discovery services. Through the partnership, Red Bee and TitanTV provide linear and VOD guide services for OTA, OTT, and NextGenTV (ATSC3.0).
News categories: Red Bee, TitanTV, Steve Nylund, Heidi Steffen, Big Data, Digital TV, North America, UX
Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
Apr 24, 2019 – Red Bee Media has entered into an agreement with Videa. Videa's platform includes machine learning based TV ad forecasting algorithms. To optimize its algorithmic data services offering, Videa will include textual metadata from Red Bee Media.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Videa, Chris Stark SR, Brett Adamczyk, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Zixi partners with Red Bee Media for video delivery over IP
Apr 3, 2019 – Zixi has announced a partnership with Red Bee Media to enable distribution of video content over IP to Red Bee Media's customers worldwide. Every year, Red Bee Media delivers more than 4-million hours of programming in more than 60-languages for over 500 TV channels.
News categories: Zixi, Red Bee Media, John Wastcoat, Kristian Langbridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Ericsson sells 51% of Media Solutions to One Equity Partners
Jan 31, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has concluded the review of strategic opportunities for its media business. Media Solutions has been sold to One Equity Partners, with Ericsson retaining 49% of the shares. Ericsson will continue to develop Red Bee Media themselves.
News categories: Ericsson, One Equity Partners, Börje Ekholm, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
SES and Red Bee Introduce Remote Recording Service via Satellite and Portable Devices
Sep 7, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) and Red Bee Media have unveiled SatRecord, a satellite-based TV remote recording service which provides consumers with the flexibility of recording their favourite TV programme via connected devices from wherever they may be.
News categories: SES S.A, Red Bee Media, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, IBC2020, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Everything Everywhere enhances its mobile TV platform
Sep 7, 2011 – Everything Everywhere has announced changes to its mobile TV service to be introduced over the next 12 months. The changes are designed to enhance the mobile TV experience it provides its Orange and T-Mobile customers in the UK.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Everything Everywhere, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
TV Genius Brings Content Discovery to the Second Screen and Connected Home at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – TV Genius has announced that it has developed partnerships with Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Marmalade. These new partnerships will enhance consumers' content discovery experience across different devices and into the connected home.
News categories: Netgem, TV Genius, Marmalade, Apps, IBC2020, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices