Digital TV News: Red Bee Media
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Zixi partners with Red Bee Media for video delivery over IP
Apr 3, 2019 – Zixi has announced a partnership with Red Bee Media to enable distribution of video content over IP to Red Bee Media's customers worldwide. Every year, Red Bee Media delivers more than 4-million hours of programming in more than 60-languages for over 500 TV channels.
News categories: Zixi, Red Bee Media, John Wastcoat, Kristian Langbridge, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Ericsson sells 51% of Media Solutions to One Equity Partners
Jan 31, 2018 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) has concluded the review of strategic opportunities for its media business. Media Solutions has been sold to One Equity Partners, with Ericsson retaining 49% of the shares. Ericsson will continue to develop Red Bee Media themselves.
News categories: Ericsson, One Equity Partners, Börje Ekholm, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
SES and Red Bee Introduce Remote Recording Service via Satellite and Portable Devices
Sep 7, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) and Red Bee Media have unveiled SatRecord, a satellite-based TV remote recording service which provides consumers with the flexibility of recording their favourite TV programme via connected devices from wherever they may be.
News categories: SES S.A, Red Bee Media, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, IBC, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Everything Everywhere enhances its mobile TV platform
Sep 7, 2011 – Everything Everywhere has announced changes to its mobile TV service to be introduced over the next 12 months. The changes are designed to enhance the mobile TV experience it provides its Orange and T-Mobile customers in the UK.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Everything Everywhere, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
TV Genius Brings Content Discovery to the Second Screen and Connected Home at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – TV Genius has announced that it has developed partnerships with Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Marmalade. These new partnerships will enhance consumers' content discovery experience across different devices and into the connected home.
News categories: Netgem, TV Genius, Marmalade, Apps, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone
Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem Unveils UltraViolet™ Brand
Jul 20, 2010 – The Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE) has announced its consumer brand - UltraViolet™ - and logo. In addition, the consortium announced three additional new members bringing the total to nearly 60 member companies.
News categories: Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem, UltraViolet, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Games Console, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Microsoft Announces New Partners, Customers and Programs at IBC2007 to Further Its Digital Media Strategy
Sep 7, 2007 – This week at IBC2007, Microsoft Corp. is announcing new customers, partners and programs that further underscore the value Microsoft provides to organizations in the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Microsoft, Michael O'Hara, Content Distribution, Content Protection, IBC, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Software
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto