Digital TV News: Reed Hastings
Liberty Global announces global Netflix partnership
Sep 14, 2016 – Liberty Global has revealed a multi-year partnership with Netflix which will lead to Netflix’s content being made available to Liberty Global video customers across more than 30 countries around the world.
News categories: Liberty Global, Netflix, Mike Fries, Reed Hastings, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix’s international pricing under the spotlight
Feb 15, 2016 – According to Digital TV Research, many were surprised when Netflix announced its global pricing strategy at CES. The rates are reasonable in developed countries, but are high in developing ones.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix launches its service globally
Jan 6, 2016 – Netflix has launched its service globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world. The company made the announcement -- and the service went live -- at CES 2016.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix to launch in Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan
Sep 8, 2015 – Netflix has announced that it will expand into South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan in early 2016 as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of next year. Netflix first became available in Asia earlier this month with the start of service in Japan.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Korea, OTT, Singapore, Taiwan
Netflix is available in Cuba
Feb 9, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) will offer a broad range of great global entertainment to Cuban consumers as Internet access improves and credit and debit cards become more widely available.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Cuba, Digital TV, OTT
Netflix to launch in Japan
Feb 4, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) has announced that it will expand this autumn into Japan, as it moves to complete its global rollout by the end of 2016. The rollout will follow the March expansion of the Netflix service into Australia and New Zealand.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, Gregory K. Peters, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
Netflix to reach 100 million international subscribers by 2020
Sep 22, 2014 – Digital TV Research has estimated that Netflix is aiming for 104 million international subscribers by 2020 - just for the countries where it has already launched.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Latin America, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
Bouygues Telecom to offer Netflix from November
Sep 15, 2014 – Bouygues Telecom announces the signing of an agreement with Netflix meaning that its Bbox Sensation and future Android TV Box customers will get access to Netflix's unlimited subscription VOD service directly on their televisions.
News categories: Bouygues Telecom, Netflix, Olivier Roussat, Reed Hastings, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box
PlayStation®3 becomes top platform for Netflix living room viewing
Dec 4, 2012 – Sony and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced that the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) is now the primary development platform for Netflix and is the world's most popular device for viewing movies and TV shows from Netflix on a television.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Netflix, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria