Digital TV News: Rich Fickle
Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
Feb 19, 2020 – Imagine Communications has made an agreement with the NCTC to power AdKey, a cloud-based, platform-agnostic service that supports ad insertion on IP-based video streams. Initial deployments are expected by Q3 with trials beginning in the coming months.
News categories: Imagine Communications, NCTC, Chris Gordon, Rich Fickle, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
Feb 17, 2020 – The NCTC has announced an initiative that allows NCTC member companies to purchase Amazon Fire TV streaming devices at a discount, enabling members to provide subscribers with streaming media devices including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
News categories: NCTC, Amazon, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
Dec 7, 2017 – MobiTV and National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announce an agreement between both companies which could enable pay TV providers within NCTC’s membership to transition their offerings to IP/app-based solutions.
News categories: MobiTV, NCTC, Charlie Nooney, Rich Fickle, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
ARRIS introduces TiVo-based STBs in support of the NCTC VU-IT! Program
Jul 24, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced the availability of three STBs, based on the TiVo user experience, that support the NCTC VU-IT! Program. The NCTC VU-IT! Program is focused on enabling independent operators to deliver integrated OTT services alongside standard cable programming.
News categories: ARRIS International, TiVo, NCTC, Larry Robinson, Michael Hawkey, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Five NCTC members sign up for Evolution Digital eVUE-TV
Sep 27, 2016 – Evolution Digital has signed deals with five cable operators in The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to offer its eVUE-TV IP Video Solution on NCTC's newly-launched VU-IT platform.
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Marc Cohen, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evolution Digital TiVo-powered STBs available to NCTC members
Feb 17, 2016 – Evolution Digital and the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announced a deal to make available to NCTC members Evolution Digital’s IP Hybrid Set-Top Box (STB) powered by TiVo.
News categories: Evolution Digital, NCTC, TiVo Inc, Marc Cohen, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
NCTC to make TiVo products available to its membership
Sep 8, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announced that the NCTC will make TiVo's TV solutions available to their membership for the deployment of multiscreen, linear, recorded, OTT, and VOD television.
News categories: TiVo Inc, NCTC, Ryan Perry, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
WebTuner delivers Live TV, On Demand and Streaming Video via the Internet
Apr 7, 2014 – WebTuner has announced a platform offering access to live TV, on demand and streaming video via broadband. WebTuner satisfies consumer demand for choice as well as MVPD requirements for control.
News categories: WebTuner, Bernee Strom, Rich Fickle, Eduard Zaslavsky, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation