Digital TV News: Rich Fickle
Espial and Harmonic partner to provide complete end-to-end TVaaS
Jul 31, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Harmonic. As part of the deal, Espial’s Elevate SaaS video platform will integrate Harmonic’s VOS 360 media processing SaaS, providing MVPDs with an end-to-end solution for IP and OTT services.
News categories: Espial, Harmonic, Jaison Dolvane, Eric Armstrong, Rich Fickle, Gary Shorman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
MobiTV partners with the National Cable Television Cooperative
Dec 7, 2017 – MobiTV and National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announce an agreement between both companies which could enable pay TV providers within NCTC’s membership to transition their offerings to IP/app-based solutions.
News categories: MobiTV, NCTC, Charlie Nooney, Rich Fickle, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
ARRIS introduces TiVo-based STBs in support of the NCTC VU-IT! Program
Jul 24, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced the availability of three STBs, based on the TiVo user experience, that support the NCTC VU-IT! Program. The NCTC VU-IT! Program is focused on enabling independent operators to deliver integrated OTT services alongside standard cable programming.
News categories: ARRIS International, TiVo, NCTC, Larry Robinson, Michael Hawkey, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Five NCTC members sign up for Evolution Digital eVUE-TV
Sep 27, 2016 – Evolution Digital has signed deals with five cable operators in The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) to offer its eVUE-TV IP Video Solution on NCTC's newly-launched VU-IT platform.
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Marc Cohen, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evolution Digital TiVo-powered STBs available to NCTC members
Feb 17, 2016 – Evolution Digital and the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announced a deal to make available to NCTC members Evolution Digital’s IP Hybrid Set-Top Box (STB) powered by TiVo.
News categories: Evolution Digital, NCTC, TiVo Inc, Marc Cohen, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
NCTC to make TiVo products available to its membership
Sep 8, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) have announced that the NCTC will make TiVo's TV solutions available to their membership for the deployment of multiscreen, linear, recorded, OTT, and VOD television.
News categories: TiVo Inc, NCTC, Ryan Perry, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
WebTuner delivers Live TV, On Demand and Streaming Video via the Internet
Apr 7, 2014 – WebTuner has announced a platform offering access to live TV, on demand and streaming video via broadband. WebTuner satisfies consumer demand for choice as well as MVPD requirements for control.
News categories: WebTuner, Bernee Strom, Rich Fickle, Eduard Zaslavsky, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NCTC Launches TVE Solution for Small Operators
Jul 20, 2012 – The National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) has successfully enabled over 80 member companies with its TV Everywhere authentication solution developed collaboratively with several key members.
News categories: National Cable Television Cooperative, Massillon Cable, Cable TV, TV Everywhere, USA
NCTC Signs Multi-Year Evolution Digital Deal to Bring Member's Savings on DTAs and TiVo Set-Top Boxes
Feb 20, 2012 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has signed an agreement with the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC). Under the agreement, NCTC is able to provide members a lower price per unit by aggregating member orders for Evolution Digital's SD and HD uDTAs and TiVo® Premiere DVRs.
News categories: Evolution Digital, National Cable Television Cooperative, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019