Digital TV News: Rich Nelson
Broadcom adopts VeriSilicon’s AI processor IP for next-gen STB SoCs
Jan 8, 2019 – VeriSilicon has announced that Broadcom has selected its Vivante VIP8000/VIPNano family of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processor IP for use in their next generation Set-top Box system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: VeriSilicon, Broadcom, Weijin Dai, Rich Nelson, CES2019, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
RDK Management and Broadcom agree to integrate SDKs
Feb 7, 2018 – RDK Management and Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) have announced that they have entered into a development agreement to integrate chipset-level software development kits (SDKs) from Broadcom with RDK’s open source software.
News categories: RDK Management, Broadcom, Steve Heeb, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
Feb 10, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a family of cable multichannel receiver SoCs. The BCM3158x family integrates Full-Band Capture (FBC) technology with 4, 8 or 16 QAM demodulators, providing pin compatible front ends for a broad range of STB and home gateway platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA integrates security clients with Broadcom HEVC-UHD SoCs
Sep 3, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced new product integrations with Broadcom’s 28nm UHD SoC designed to address the modern security needs of pay-TV service providers in an increasingly connected world threatened by piracy.
News categories: NAGRA, Broadcom, Maurice van Riek, Rich Nelson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom introduces Ultra HD SoC with VP9p60 decode support
Jun 9, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced its next-generation Ultra HD home gateway and set-top box system-on-chip. The BCM7445S continues Broadcom's leadership in Ultra HD technology with the addition of VP9p60 decode support.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadcom enables KT Skylife Ultra HD satellite STB
May 28, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that KT Skylife, a leading satellite broadcast provider in South Korea, has deployed the world's first Ultra HD set-top box built on Broadcom's single chip HEVC 4K/Ultra HD satellite solution, the BCM7376.
News categories: Broadcom, KT Skylife, Rich Nelson, Han Lee, Digital TV, Korea, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
V-Nova announces PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 1, 2015 – V-Nova has announced the public release of a number of video compression products based on its PERSEUS technology. PERSEUS offers 2-3x compression gains under practical operating scenarios versus H.264, HEVC and JPEG2000.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Digital TV, Media Player
Broadcom delivers DOCSIS 3.0 cable set-top box platform for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a small form-factor DOCSIS 3.0 set-top box (STB) engineered for the cable market in China. The offering supports advanced features such as OTT video, broadband data services, and home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Broadcom enables China's first 4Kp60 STB deployment
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Inspur Group, Shandong Cable Network's primary systems integrator, has selected Broadcom's Ultra HD system-on-chip (SoC) and Wi-Fi SoC for a new line of 4Kp60 cable set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Inspur, Shandong Cable, Rich Nelson, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8