Digital TV News: Rich Redmond
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GatesAir supplies exciter for DVB-T2 trials on Australia’s Gold Coast
Jan 23, 2019 – GatesAir has supplied its Maxiva XTE exciter to Australian broadcast entities - TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, and Free TV - for DVB-T2 field trials on Australia’s Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.
News categories: GatesAir, TX Australia, Rich Redmond, Paul Mullen, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Field tests show capabilities of emerging ATSC 3.0 standard
Jul 10, 2015 – Television broadcasters will reach even more viewers with robust, digital over-the-air ATSC 3.0 signals, the improved broadcast transmission system under development now with key elements being field tested in the U.S. this summer.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Futurecast preparing for Cleveland field test of next-gen TV system
Apr 2, 2015 – The future of TV is coming to Cleveland where experimental broadcasts will further verify the capabilities of transmission technologies developed for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, GatesAir, Tribune Media, Dr. Skott Ahn, Rich Redmond, Larry Wert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
Oct 22, 2014 – Quincy Group's WKOW-TV is conducting a second round of broadcast field testing of the 'FUTURECAST™ Universal Terrestrial Broadcasting System.' FUTURECAST is a contributor to the'physical layer' at the heart of the ATSC 3.0 broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, Quincy Group, Gates Air, Dr. Skott Ahn, Brady Dreasler, Rich Redmond, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism