Digital TV News: Richard Scott
STV launches ad-free subscription service
Feb 25, 2019 – STV has announced the launch of STV Player+, an ad-free subscription video on demand service for Scots at home and abroad. It is STV’s first direct to consumer offering and allows STV to enter the fast-growing pay TV market for the first time.
News categories: STV, Richard Williams, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Irdeto to protect Eurostar OTT video service
Mar 16, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by GoMedia, Europe’s leading on-board infotainment provider, to design a content protection solution which supports OTT video delivery for travelers on Eurostar trains.
News categories: Irdeto, GoMedia, Richard Scott, Roger Matthews, Belgium, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, OTT, UK
maxdome adds MPEG DASH support using Irdeto Rights
May 14, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that maxdome, the most popular video-on-demand company in Germany and Austria, is using Irdeto Rights to address the challenge of supporting different DRM solutions for web browsers through one of the world’s first deployments combining MPEG DASH and Widevine.
News categories: Irdeto, maxdome, Richard Scott, Austria, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
BBC announces timetable for Freeview HD signal availability
Nov 16, 2009 – The BBC has confirmed the timetable that will make HD services on Freeview available to 50% of the population in time for next June's World Cup, and to 98.5% of the population by the end of digital switchover in three years' time.
News categories: BBC, Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, UK
ICO and Clearwire to Conduct Mobile Video Trial
Sep 10, 2007 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ:ICOG) and Clearwire (NASDAQ:CLWR) have announced a joint agreement to collaborate on one of the industry's first mobile video trials.
News categories: Clearwire, ICO Global, Broadband, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, USA
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media