Digital TV News: Richard Scott
STV launches ad-free subscription service
Feb 25, 2019 – STV has announced the launch of STV Player+, an ad-free subscription video on demand service for Scots at home and abroad. It is STV’s first direct to consumer offering and allows STV to enter the fast-growing pay TV market for the first time.
News categories: STV, Richard Williams, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Irdeto to protect Eurostar OTT video service
Mar 16, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by GoMedia, Europe’s leading on-board infotainment provider, to design a content protection solution which supports OTT video delivery for travelers on Eurostar trains.
News categories: Irdeto, GoMedia, Richard Scott, Roger Matthews, Belgium, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, OTT, UK
maxdome adds MPEG DASH support using Irdeto Rights
May 14, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that maxdome, the most popular video-on-demand company in Germany and Austria, is using Irdeto Rights to address the challenge of supporting different DRM solutions for web browsers through one of the world’s first deployments combining MPEG DASH and Widevine.
News categories: Irdeto, maxdome, Richard Scott, Austria, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
BBC announces timetable for Freeview HD signal availability
Nov 16, 2009 – The BBC has confirmed the timetable that will make HD services on Freeview available to 50% of the population in time for next June's World Cup, and to 98.5% of the population by the end of digital switchover in three years' time.
News categories: BBC, Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, UK
ICO and Clearwire to Conduct Mobile Video Trial
Sep 10, 2007 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ:ICOG) and Clearwire (NASDAQ:CLWR) have announced a joint agreement to collaborate on one of the industry's first mobile video trials.
News categories: Clearwire, ICO Global, Broadband, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, USA
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers