Digital TV News: Richard Scott
STV launches ad-free subscription service
Feb 25, 2019 – STV has announced the launch of STV Player+, an ad-free subscription video on demand service for Scots at home and abroad. It is STV’s first direct to consumer offering and allows STV to enter the fast-growing pay TV market for the first time.
News categories: STV, Richard Williams, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Irdeto to protect Eurostar OTT video service
Mar 16, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by GoMedia, Europe’s leading on-board infotainment provider, to design a content protection solution which supports OTT video delivery for travelers on Eurostar trains.
News categories: Irdeto, GoMedia, Richard Scott, Roger Matthews, Belgium, Content Protection, Digital TV, France, OTT, UK
maxdome adds MPEG DASH support using Irdeto Rights
May 14, 2015 – Irdeto has announced that maxdome, the most popular video-on-demand company in Germany and Austria, is using Irdeto Rights to address the challenge of supporting different DRM solutions for web browsers through one of the world’s first deployments combining MPEG DASH and Widevine.
News categories: Irdeto, maxdome, Richard Scott, Austria, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Mobile, OTT
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
BBC announces timetable for Freeview HD signal availability
Nov 16, 2009 – The BBC has confirmed the timetable that will make HD services on Freeview available to 50% of the population in time for next June's World Cup, and to 98.5% of the population by the end of digital switchover in three years' time.
News categories: BBC, Freeview, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, UK
ICO and Clearwire to Conduct Mobile Video Trial
Sep 10, 2007 – ICO Global Communications (NASDAQ:ICOG) and Clearwire (NASDAQ:CLWR) have announced a joint agreement to collaborate on one of the industry's first mobile video trials.
News categories: Clearwire, ICO Global, Broadband, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, USA
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020