Digital TV News: Rob Koenen
HbbTV Association publishes OpApp specification
Dec 19, 2017 – The HbbTV Association has announced that it has published its Operator Applications Specification. Building on HbbTV 2, the specification allows TV operators, in partnership with TV manufacturers, to provide an operator-branded experience as an application on TVs.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Klaus Illgner, Alberto Sigismondi, Rob Koenen, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Worldwide
VR Industry Forum to publish industry guidelines at CES
Dec 14, 2017 – The Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF) has announced the general availability of its first set of VR Industry Guidelines, which includes topics relevant for VR content production, distribution, security and consumption.
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, Rob Koenen, Christian Egeler, CES2020, VR, Worldwide
VR Industry Forum to present draft industry guidelines at IBC 2017
Sep 13, 2017 – The Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF) has announced that it will be presenting a draft of its guidelines at IBC 2017. The guidelines will be discussed by VRIF at a session co-hosted by the DASH Industry Forum (DASH-IF) at the RAI in Amsterdam.
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, Paul Higgs, Rob Koenen, Digital TV, IBC2019, VR, Worldwide
NGCodec and Tiledmedia show hardware-accelerated Cloud VR360 streaming at IBC
Sep 12, 2017 – Tiledmedia and NGCodec have announced that they have integrated their solutions to provide a cloud-based encoding service for efficient streaming of 360-degree Virtual Reality video (VR360).
News categories: NGCodec, Tiledmedia, Oliver Gunasekara, Rob Koenen, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca 360° VR pre-integrated with Tiledmedia and Harmonic
Dec 22, 2016 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has joined forces with a number of industry specialists to bring 360° video in VR to CES 2017. Technologies from Tiledmedia, and Harmonic are pre-integrated with Viaccess-Orca's Virtual Arena solution.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Tiledmedia, Harmonic, Alain Nochimowski, Rob Koenen, Thierry Fautier, CES2020, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019