Digital TV News: Robin Mersh
Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
Apr 17, 2018 – The Broadband Forum has published its User Services Platform (USP) – a new standard for implementing, deploying and managing all types of devices in the broadband home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Barbara Stark, Robin Mersh, John Blackford, Jason Walls, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home, Worldwide
TR-069-enabled devices to pass 350 million in 2016
Apr 21, 2015 – According to Ovum, the number of residential gateways, TV set-top boxes and other home broadband equipment in use that support the Broadband Forum’s TR-069 standard will reach 356 million in 2016, as a growing number of service providers embrace the management protocol.
News categories: Ovum, Broadband Forum, Rob Gallagher, Robin Mersh, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadband Forum promotes G.fast for Ultra HD broadband access
Dec 8, 2014 – The Broadband Forum has announced support for the new ITU-T ultra broadband access standard, G.fast, as a way to deliver bandwidth intensive consumer applications such as 4K Ultra High-Definition TV (4K UHD) and cloud-based consumer applications.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Consumer Electronics Association, International Telecommunication Union, Robin Mersh, Gary Shapiro, Malcolm Johnson, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
IPTV nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold
Apr 9, 2014 – Year-end figures for broadband and IPTV, published by the Broadband Forum, show that IPTV is nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold, with 21% growth in 2013 taking the total to 96 million.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Robin Mersh, Oliver Johnson, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Worldwide
HGI and Broadband Forum to discuss Device Template for Smart Home Interoperability
Mar 12, 2014 – HGI and Broadband Forum will discuss, during a Smart Home Task Force meeting of HGI, recommendations for a universal template which will facilitate interworking between home devices and smart home applications.
News categories: HGI, Broadband Forum, Duncan Bees, Robin Mersh, Middleware, Smart Home
Fiber Drives Global Broadband Access Forward
Feb 20, 2013 – Figures from Point Topic, published by the Broadband Forum, reveal that of the 54 million new broadband subscribers added in the year to 3Q 2012, 48% are being served with fiber. Fiber deployments have now passed cable to account for 19.7% of the total broadband market.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
UNH-IOL Launches Consortium Dedicated to the Connected Home
Jun 26, 2012 – UNH-IOL has announced the launch of the Home Networking Consortium. The Home Networking Consortium provides the broadband industry a one stop shop for both Broadband Forum TR-069 testing and IPv6 CPE Ready Logo testing.
News categories: UNH-IOL, Broadband, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Ovum Report Confirms 147 Million Devices Managed By TR-069 Protocol
Jun 19, 2012 – A new report published by Ovum confirms the widespread market adoption of TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol. The report shows that - by the end of 2011 - TR-069 enabled devices globally totalled more than 147 million and are growing fast.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Ovum, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Router, Set Top Box
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet