Digital TV News: Robin Mersh
Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
Apr 17, 2018 – The Broadband Forum has published its User Services Platform (USP) – a new standard for implementing, deploying and managing all types of devices in the broadband home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Barbara Stark, Robin Mersh, John Blackford, Jason Walls, Digital TV, Gateway, Smart Home, Worldwide
TR-069-enabled devices to pass 350 million in 2016
Apr 21, 2015 – According to Ovum, the number of residential gateways, TV set-top boxes and other home broadband equipment in use that support the Broadband Forum’s TR-069 standard will reach 356 million in 2016, as a growing number of service providers embrace the management protocol.
News categories: Ovum, Broadband Forum, Rob Gallagher, Robin Mersh, Broadband, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Broadband Forum promotes G.fast for Ultra HD broadband access
Dec 8, 2014 – The Broadband Forum has announced support for the new ITU-T ultra broadband access standard, G.fast, as a way to deliver bandwidth intensive consumer applications such as 4K Ultra High-Definition TV (4K UHD) and cloud-based consumer applications.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Consumer Electronics Association, International Telecommunication Union, Robin Mersh, Gary Shapiro, Malcolm Johnson, Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
IPTV nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold
Apr 9, 2014 – Year-end figures for broadband and IPTV, published by the Broadband Forum, show that IPTV is nearing the 100 million subscriber threshold, with 21% growth in 2013 taking the total to 96 million.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Robin Mersh, Oliver Johnson, Africa, Asia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Subscribers, Worldwide
HGI and Broadband Forum to discuss Device Template for Smart Home Interoperability
Mar 12, 2014 – HGI and Broadband Forum will discuss, during a Smart Home Task Force meeting of HGI, recommendations for a universal template which will facilitate interworking between home devices and smart home applications.
News categories: HGI, Broadband Forum, Duncan Bees, Robin Mersh, Middleware, Smart Home
Fiber Drives Global Broadband Access Forward
Feb 20, 2013 – Figures from Point Topic, published by the Broadband Forum, reveal that of the 54 million new broadband subscribers added in the year to 3Q 2012, 48% are being served with fiber. Fiber deployments have now passed cable to account for 19.7% of the total broadband market.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
UNH-IOL Launches Consortium Dedicated to the Connected Home
Jun 26, 2012 – UNH-IOL has announced the launch of the Home Networking Consortium. The Home Networking Consortium provides the broadband industry a one stop shop for both Broadband Forum TR-069 testing and IPv6 CPE Ready Logo testing.
News categories: UNH-IOL, Broadband, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Ovum Report Confirms 147 Million Devices Managed By TR-069 Protocol
Jun 19, 2012 – A new report published by Ovum confirms the widespread market adoption of TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol. The report shows that - by the end of 2011 - TR-069 enabled devices globally totalled more than 147 million and are growing fast.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Ovum, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Router, Set Top Box
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos