Digital TV News: Roger Gregory
Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
Oct 16, 2017 – Greenwave Systems has announced a customer deployment of AXON Predict™, its real-time visual edge analytics solution with Kaon. This follows Greenwave's introduction of AXON Predict earlier this year as part of the company's AXON Platform.
News categories: Greenwave, KAON, Roger Gregory, Ted Grauch, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, QoE, SCTE•ISBE, Set Top Box, USA
LG CNS chooses Entropic SoC for India set-top box
Sep 13, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has chosen Entropic's EN7190 high-definition (HD) IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip for LG CNS' IP Hybrid STB, the LCP3x0, targeting the transition from standard definition to HD TV viewing in India.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Roger Gregory, Sanghun Lee, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Novabase and Entropic launch DTAs to speed analog cable switchoff in Europe
Sep 12, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced a portfolio of Digital Transport Adapters (DTAs), powered by Entropic's EN7100-series of set-top box SoCs. The DTAs allow cable subscribers to keep watching their analog TV sets even when connected to an all-digital cable network.
News categories: Entropic, Novabase, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Eagle Kingdom selects Entropic SoC for hybrid powerplug set-top box
Mar 18, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution is powering the world's first hybrid powerplug set-top box (STB), the DCP5205 from EKT (Eagle Kingdom Technologies).
News categories: Entropic, Eagle Kingdom, Richard Smith, Roger Gregory, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Opera brings Blink-based SDK to Entropic RDK implementations
Feb 10, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Opera Software have announced their RDK (Reference Design Kit) collaboration using the OpenEmbedded core technology and the Yocto Project Linux development environment.
News categories: Entropic, Opera Software, Roger Gregory, Aneesh Rajaram, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Entropic, TVSTORM develop Android-based IP Set-Top Box with Miracast functionality
Jan 7, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and TVSTORM have announced the availability of an Android-based IP set-top box (IP-STB) with advanced features including Miracast functionality.
News categories: Entropic, TVSTORM, Dr. Ho-Yeon Jang, Roger Gregory, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Novabase, Entropic develop HDMI IP-set-top box stick with broadcast quality security
Jan 7, 2014 – Novabase and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced the development of an HDMI IP-based set-top box (IP-STB) stick that supports broadcast quality conditional access security (CAS).
News categories: Novabase, Entropic, Michael Pauli, Roger Gregory, CES2020, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic SoC powers J:COM IP-VOD set-top box
Sep 13, 2013 – PIXELA and Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) have announced that J:COM has unveiled its first IP-based Video-on-Demand (VOD) set-top box (STB) using an Entropic-powered PIXELA solution. The new device will be demonstrated this week at IBC.
News categories: Entropic, PIXELA, J:COM, Masato Matsuura, Hiroshi Fujioka, Roger Gregory, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
LG CNS selects Entropic Verimatrix-certified set-top box System-on-a-Chip
Sep 13, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that LG CNS has selected Entropic's Verimatrix-certified, high-performance hybrid set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) to deliver a secure and powerful TV viewing experience.
News categories: Entropic, LG CNS, Verimatrix, Deog-Joo Won, Petr Peterka, Roger Gregory, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA