Digital TV News: Rogers Communications
Cogeco rejects takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers
Sep 3, 2020 – Cogeco (TSX: CGO) and Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) have announced that the independent members of their boards have rejected the unsolicited, non-binding takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers Communications.
News categories: Cogeco, Altice USA, Rogers, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Rogers TV subscribers down 28,000 in 1Q 2019
Apr 18, 2019 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2019. Total revenue decreased 1% in the quarter, largely driven by decreases in Wireless equipment and Media revenue, partially offset by revenue growth in Wireless and in Cable.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers
RDK now powers 25 million STBs and broadband gateways
May 17, 2017 – At the 2017 Connected TV World Summit, RDK Management provided an update on the adoption of RDK (Reference Design Kit) software. RDK now powers more than 25 million set-top boxes and broadband gateways globally.
News categories: RDK Management, Steve Heeb, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Market Research, RDK, Worldwide
Rogers TV subscribers down 13,000 in 4Q 2016
Jan 26, 2017 – Rogers Communications has announced results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2016. Cable revenue increased marginally as internet revenue growth exceeded the decline in Television and Phone revenue.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, IPTV, Results, Smart Home, Subscribers
Canada pay TV industry announces STB efficiency agreement
Jan 17, 2017 – Canadian Pay TV service providers along with set-top box manufacturers have finalized a voluntary agreement committing themselves to improving the energy efficiency of set-top boxes.
News categories: CEEVA, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Rogers adopts Comcast's X1 for next-gen IPTV
Dec 16, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced that it will be deploying Comcast's X1 IP-based video platform to provide its customers with a next-generation of video experience.
News categories: Comcast, Rogers, Neil Smit, Alan Horn, Cable TV, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Rogers introduces NextBox 4K PVR
Dec 7, 2016 – Rogers Communications has announced that is introducing itsw NextBox 4K PVR, giving customers the ability to record up to eight 4K programs at one time and store up to 90 hours of 4K entertainment.
News categories: Rogers Communications, Sportsnet, Dirk Woessner, Scott Moore, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box
shomi selects ThinkAnalytics personalized search and recommendations
Sep 1, 2016 – ThinkAnalytics has announced that its recommendations engine has been selected by Canadian SVOD leader shomi. shomi believes the combination of an elegant user interface and personalized recommendations will distance it from rivals.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, shomi, Peter Docherty, Ann Tebo, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, OTT
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic